Calderdale schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ghee

Calderdale schools

Post by ghee »

Just a couple of questions I am wondering. Firstly, how many children tend to take the 11+ for CH and NGHS? And also, in their tests at home, what kind of marks should they be at now to have a chance of passing the actual test? I know the answer might only be a general one but anything to give me an idea would be really helpful. DD hopefully taking the test this December!
mitasol

Re: Calderdale schools

Post by mitasol »

Hi Ghee,

I believe that around 1000 sit the exams each year. The number who went on to apply are 643 for CHS and 666 at NHGS.

The admissions booklet is here http://www.calderdale.gov.uk/education/ ... ooklet.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which has more details.

I really don't know what marks would be suitable but when I was preparing DS for the test, I worked on 87%+ being around the ball park figure. Are you going to sit the pre-test? I think it would give you a fairly good idea where you stand.
ghee

Post by ghee »

Thanks for that Mitasol. Yes she is planning to go to the pre-test. I have a feeling a stressful time is in sight... She is our eldest so we are first time tutoring parents!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

That's good, you will get a much better idea once she has sat the pre-test. They provide quite a bit of information with the score and it will be more accurate than my guesstimate.

Good luck.
ghee

Post by ghee »

Oooooooh my little girl is sitting the pre-test tomorrow!! It has come round quick and I just hope she doesn't panic. Good luck to anyone else who is sitting the exam tomorrow!
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Yes, Good luck with the pretest. :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now