Exam day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

anowicka

Exam day

Post by anowicka »

Hi

Just wonder if my child is not feeling very well on the exam day does she still need to take the exam on that day?

Thanks
Anna
pheasantchick

Re: Exam day

Post by pheasantchick »

I'm fairly certain there is an option to take it at a later date.
monstermum

Post by monstermum »

If they do take it but are under the weather make sure a note is made of it and write a letter to be attached to their papers. This is in case you need to appeal at a later date.

HTH
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

It is definitely worth finding out what the procedure is in advance of the test. You should find the information in the admissions booklet or other paperwork you've received about the test. I would advise you to find out the beforehand as you don't want to be flailing around on the morning of the test.

I don't know the specific procedure for Kent but it is usually along the lines of; a. Ring the test centre to let them know, b. Obtain a medical certificate and send it in for a subsequent test date.

It is not advisable to send a sick child to the test unless there are no alternative sittings. Sending your child to the test under these circumstances is considered a poor excuse at appeal. http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b25" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; If they get worse during the test and are unable to complete it, they may not be given the opportunity to resit.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

That is quite right Mitasol - panels do not take much notice of "he didn't feel very well but wanted to take the test the same day as his friends..." . Far better to decide if they are well enough and if not then go for the inevitable back up day.
If they are unwell during ie come home looking grotty (and were genuinely OK before they went in the morning :roll: ) then get them to the doctor as you will need evidence of this for an appeal if you have to have one.
whitehart

Post by whitehart »

If anyone is looking at this forum today I believe pick up from The Skinners Kent academy for the 11+ practice today is 11.45 not 12.45!!!
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

dear hurmmanmunster just read your post my friend last year was upset when her ds did not pass, as her son was not feeling well before the test in bucks, he had a migrain and suggested this to the teacher but they thought it was not that bad (also there ds wanted to do it the same time as his friends) when he got back from school he had a tempreture, but there was no appointments left at the surgery, so she spoke to the doc over the phone. although it was on record the appeal panel did not accept this as she did not show him to the doc. could she reappeal on this base.as she has lost hope the appeling process.
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

This is going back a few years now (DD is now doing A Levels). When she was about to sit her test she was ill two nights before. I rang the surgery and asked if they could see her. I was told there were no appointments unless it was an emergency. I explained that it wasn't a medical emergency but an emergency nevertheless as the doctor would not be able to give her a note if he hadn't seen her. They were very understanding and asked me to bring her down and they would fit her in. The doctor was also very understanding and gave me some useful advice. So, insist on an appointment and explain that if you wait till one becomes available your DC may have recovered by then and the doctor won't be able to certify that he/she wasn't well on the test day.
whitehart

Post by whitehart »

Dear all OOC candidates

Please check finish time with KCC for Saturdays exam at The Skinners Kent Academy as I believe it is 12.45 not 1.45 as stated in the letter. :?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now