Bancroft's school 11+

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Minie

Bancroft's school 11+

Post by Minie »

Hello everyone,
My DD is sitting for this school in 2012 I am thinking to start preparing her this summer. I would like to know which books will be useful for this school ?
she has been using so far Bond maths, english , NVR,VR but she found the NVR a bit hard ,dont know which exam board the school uses? any tips or ideas for exam papers , publisher to buy
Thanks
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Re: Bancroft's school 11+

Post by DIY Mum »

Does Bancroft test NVR & VR?

I thought it was only maths and English composition and comprehension.

Perhaps this post could be moved to the Redbridge section where someone could advise regarding the format of the exam?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

done!
bethany

Post by bethany »

Hi,

Yes DIY Mum, you are correct Bancrofts school only test in Maths and English. No VR or NVR exams.

PS Bancrofts is an independent school so might get more advice in the Indie section - or is that where the post started?! :?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Actually started in "11 plus exams" and was moved to Redbridge - not getting much help here so maybe would be better in indie section - lets give it a try..
muffinmonster

Post by muffinmonster »

Hi, a bit late but I hope this helps. My DS sat the entrance exam for Bancroft's and was offered a place. He worked mainly on Bond Maths and English Papers (level 4) as well as past papers from Bancroft's itself and other independent schools.

He was tutored for 10 months beforehand (1 hour a week one-to-one), though part of that time was also spent on VR and NVR for the Redbridge 11+.
RAB321

Post by RAB321 »

Whats level 4? Bond Books are according to age arent they?