How are the exams going? Please update

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
madsdad

How are the exams going? Please update

Post by madsdad »

Hi everyone. I just thought I would set up a discussion to find out people's views on how the exams have been. People can add to it as and when their DD's and DS's have sat the different school exams.

The Urmston one is now behind us. Does anyone have any views on how difficult it was etc? Any tips for those yet to take the other schools?
Elphaba

Re: How are the exams going? Please update

Post by Elphaba »

Last edited by Elphaba on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

My sources give me the same impression as Elphaba's son. Again, they are aiming at the south Trafford grammars and were using Urmston as a practice, so I think one should consider that fact in relation to the comments re English (English not being a factor in the Sale/Alty exams).

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who did Urmston and did prepare for the English paper properly as to how their child found it.
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

I know from past experience when my daughters did the exams that it's the NVR that generally gives most cause for concern in pretty much every exam. I think it's better to work through 9 or 10 out of 12 properly and then guess the last three rather than not giving any question enough time and finishing, but risking getting more wrong through carelessness.

FWIW my second daughter managed 135 on the AGGS NVR when she took it and she came out of the exam telling me the NVR was impossible and she'd guessed half of them :lol:
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Well they can be really useful if (hopefully not!) you find yourself in an appeal (or review) situation.

My daughters' CAT scores were pretty accurate too in terms of being very similar to the results they actually achieved in the entrance exams. A good omen for you I hope!
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »