What do you have planned for the night before?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Jetster

What do you have planned for the night before?!

Post by Jetster »

My son has football training on a Thursday night and I am unsure as to whether to keep to the normal routine and let him go, or keep him home and do a little bit more practice and then an early night.

If he were to go to football training, he'd be out of the house from 5.30 until 8pm!

What would you do? I don't want him to feel like I am punishing him as he loves his football but I really want him to be refreshed and confident for the morning.
Stocky

Re: What do you have planned for the night before?!

Post by Stocky »

Our test is Saturday and I had the same dilemma as my daughter swims 6-7 on friday. I've done her a reminder checklist etc and have decided apart from chatting about stuff generally and going through the list she isnt going to do any work friday night. She loves swimming, it relaxes her and exercise hormones are obviously good - so Ive decided for her to still go swimming and hoping it will benefit her ..............only time will tell!
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Thanks for your reply, I am swaying towards letting him go for the same reasons as you've stated. Spoke to hubby earlier and he says he would let him go but ultimately it's my decision. At the moment DS says he isn't worried about the test so I don't want to add any pressure onto him tonight.

Gosh, it's so difficult to know what to do for the best.
Desperado99

Post by Desperado99 »

We're not doing any 11+ stuff the night before, so I think it will be her usual routine. We're a bit annoyed because there's rather a lot of homework been set for this week, and obviously she needs to do some non-verbal before next week.

Good Luck for tomorrow Jetster (and for saturday for Tracy and everyone else) , I will have my fingers crossed for your DS :D
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Thank you!!

Good luck to your DD too :D
loo1965

Post by loo1965 »

We are not doing anything apart from usual. Yesterday he did football training till 7.30. Tomorrow he will be doing cross country - normal routine no 11+ at all
Good luck we sit on Saturday as well :D
LoobyLoo

Post by LoobyLoo »

After initially thinking we'd work right through the week, my Son seems so chilled about the whole thing I've not wanted to rock the boat and so other than a practice test on Tuesday we've done nothing. It was his brothers 4th birthday yesterday and that proved a great distraction from 11+! Tonight I'm going to let him play out after school, then have some chilled out time watching a film before usual bedtime. I'll be enjoying a glass or two of wine to try and stop those gremlins of mine telling him he really does need to do well as our local schools are just not an option for us (also difficult when some of his friends will be going). Good luck everyone doing the exams, whether today or tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll be the one sat chewing my nails and drinking strong black coffee!
Jetster

Post by Jetster »

Well, DS would've sat it by now. My main worry is that he panicked and got himself all worked up :( .

Keeping everything crossed that he comes out this afternoon and says that it was okay.

Good luck to those sitting it tomorrow.
Desperado99

Post by Desperado99 »

I think that's everyones' worry really, that their DC will panic...

Yesterday, all the 11+ children in DD's class were pretty stressed. Until then she had been fine, but she had a wobble at school. We went over things last night and she was a lot happier this morning. She knows that she's put the work in, and that if she doesn't get in, the majority of her class will be at the other school anyway (less than half are sitting the exam). Lots of deep breaths... calm thoughts.... fingers crossed :D

This time tomorrow most kids will have got the first one out of the way..... Roll on half term, that's what I say :mrgreen:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now