travelling for Bexley test...where to park?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nina1on

travelling for Bexley test...where to park?

Post by nina1on »

Tomorrow is the test :shock: Just wanted to check how is it with the prking in the morning in the area. WOuld it be possible to find a place at Sidcup station parking, or Coop parking? Or is it just better to take a train or a bus? Thanks a lot
starmum2000

Re: travelling for Bexley test...where to park?

Post by starmum2000 »

Can you tell us where your test centre is & should be able to help you out. Parking can be difficult in Sidcup, where do you need to be?
Starmum x
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

Sorry, just thought that everybody is going to the same place :)
The test is in Chis&Sid Grammar at 9.00.
Thanks
jd1

Post by jd1 »

On a related note, can anyone suggest where we can park near Bexley Grammar for tomorrow and Wed's tests? Is it possible to park in nearby residential areas off Danson Lane?
starmum2000

Post by starmum2000 »

Ok, I'm not sure where you are coming from, it may be quicker or easier for you to get the bus or train? You should be able to park at Sidcup station for £5 for the day, there is also a Morrisons nearer the high Street (Jenner Close) which should be free, this would be about a 20 minute walk. There may be parking on or around Hurst Road in the residential streets but I'm not sure about the restrictions for this.

For Bexley Grammar, I'm not sure about the local roads, but I would be tempted to park in Danson park and walk through the park. Probably take 15 - 20 minutes but would be a pleasant walk & nice start to the day :)
Starmum x
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

nina1on wrote:Tomorrow is the test :shock: Just wanted to check how is it with the prking in the morning in the area. WOuld it be possible to find a place at Sidcup station parking, or Coop parking? Or is it just better to take a train or a bus? Thanks a lot
Hi Nina1on,
I live in Sidcup and parking is not difficult. There is a car park on Old farm avenue which is where i park daily and its £3.80 for the whole day. There is usually a lot of spac. old farm avenue is the road directly in front of the co-op and once you turn into the road; you take the first turning on your right.Its 10mins walk if not shorter to chis and sid.

Good luck. PM me if you need detailed directions from whereever you are driving from.
jersey girl

Post by jersey girl »

The best place to park is the leisure centre at the bottom of Hurst Road, loads of room, or further up past Hurstmere roads off to the right are free parking.