Travel Laindon (Basildon) to WHSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

idotry

Travel Laindon (Basildon) to WHSB

Post by idotry »

I struggling with this one. I'd obviously like to do the best I can for my son as far as his school is concerned, but I'm not sure I really like the idea of all that travelling on a daily basis, afterall there are a lot of extra curricular things that could be done with the time and money.

Does anyone have a child making the journey and what is the best way to do it? How long does it take?

Thank you
Guest55

Re: Travel Laindon (Basildon) to WHSB

Post by Guest55 »

Wouldn't Chelmsford be an easier journey?
idotry

Post by idotry »

Hope not, that means getting a bus at 7:30am!

Laindon to Westcliff is an easy 20 min journey on the train, but I know the school is not close to the station
moved

Post by moved »

Many children walk from the station to the school. Chalkwell station is nearest I think. Sorry not my neck of the woods.
kaynor

Post by kaynor »

Hi idotry

You are not the first to consider this

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 77&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It looks like most opt for a brisk 25 minute walk from Chalkwell Station. At least the train journey is short :)
Tinkerbell

Post by Tinkerbell »

Don't know if you already have an answer to this but there is (or used to be) a school bus from Laindon Station to WHSB. It does leave early though. I think at about 7:10. Don't worry about the travelling, My DD is in year 10 at SHSG now and has always used the train and walked. I stressed like mad over it before she started there. They all travel together, it's like a bit of a social club. If you want to see what it's like, join one of the morning trains from Laindon or Basildon if you can and do the trip, you will be amazed how many there are. Get your DS to go with you. However, they do all get into school at about 8:30 so they do all get early trains, there's no getting away from it. THe trains are really reliable and to my mind, a better option than the bus, cheaper and quicker. Hope this helps.