ChCHS Open Evening

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

First-timer

ChCHS Open Evening

Post by First-timer »

The Open Evenings for ChCHS are fast approaching and I was wondering if anyone with DDs there could advise where best to park. Is there parking available within the school grounds? Are the surrounding streets resident parking only? Thanks.
KM

Re: ChCHS Open Evening

Post by KM »

There is no parking allowed in the school itself but there is a large public car park very close to the school in Elms Drive. I think it costs about £1 for the evening after 5pm. Most of the roads near the school are residents parking only.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Thanks. That's really helpful.
2 to go

Post by 2 to go »

Try to arrive early on for the open evening. Last year it was so busy that we were not able to hear the Headteacher's talk , which you are given a ticket for when you arrive.
Zeezeemum

Post by Zeezeemum »

I intend to go next week as it clashes with SHGS open evening and hoping it would also be less busy then. Does anyone know whether the Headteacher will also be giving a talk on the second open evening?
Tea Lover

Post by Tea Lover »

Yes the HT does talks on both open evenings. If you attend the first open evening and can't get to hear the talk, you are given a priority ticket so you can attend the talk at the second open evening. Generally, the second open evening is less busy than the first, so it feels more relaxed.
three

Post by three »

Hi First Timer
A couple of years ago we parked in the car park near the school. We stayed until the end of the Open Evening and it took us a whole hour (I am not exaggerating!) to get to the Army and Navy roundabout. Not sure if this happens every year but it is worth having it in mind :!:
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Wow! I think I'll try and leave a bit before the end, then. Thanks!
moved

Post by moved »

You can park in the surrounding roads in the evenings. The road by the carpark has free parking on the road from 6pm (I think). There are other roads including The Avenues that are fine for parking at that time of night.
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

Thanks, everyone!

It all went smoothly. Got there early and parked in the car park. Lots of other families were already there and the queue was all the way down the street. Got a ticket for the headteacher's talk and was shown round by a lovely girl. The thing that struck me was that the school is much larger than it appears from the road. It took a long time to see it all and my good intentions of leaving early went out of the window. Luckily I had parked close to the car park exit so I was able to make a swift getaway despite it being so busy.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now