GL Assesment pack 2

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lincolnshire (Lincs)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Andy100

GL Assesment pack 2

Post by Andy100 »

Hi Thanks for the reply on the standardised scores. As far as the marks are concerned my son has been scoring late 80's out of 100.
We have been working through the GL assesment pack 2 on the non-verbal and wow what a difference. My son has said how much more difficult the questions are, I have to agree! In past exams are the questions more reflective of those set in pack 1 or pack 2 and are they likely to throw in different numbers of questions in the variuos sections, for example all of tests 1-4 have twelve questions in each of the five sections, however the tests in pack 2 have different numbers of questions, for example one section has 16 questions?
Sorry for the rambling question but it has affected my son and he has been doing so well with pack 1.
Thanks
Andy
Alex

Re: GL Assesment pack 2

Post by Alex »

I haven't actually tried Pack 2 yet. From the discussions on the Non-Verbal Reasoning section you are certainly not the only ones to have found the questions difficult. As for the varying lengths of sections, I wonder if the publishers are trying to be all things to all areas as it were, including lengths which are relevant for various different areas/exams in the country. My own inclination would be to ditch anything that is too demoralising right before the test, or to only use it do do together to puzzle out "tricky" questions.
ktw

Re: GL Assesment pack 2

Post by ktw »

Hi, my son didn't do too well with nfer11a but was quite confident on the rest and felt he was much stronger on non-verbal - then we did GL pack 2. He ended up in tears on every paper and we have both spent ages staring questions trying to work out what obscure reasoning has been applied. Even on seeing the answers we were still stumped on some. I really hope tomorrow's test is more similar to pack 1 and that I haven't completely demolished his confidence.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now