All over!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
LtBrick

All over!

Post by LtBrick »

DD sat the Medway 11+ this morning, so can now relax. Regardless of the result she has done her best and I'm sure will do well whichever school she ends up at. Hope your all feeling a little less stressed now.
mummblesmum

Re: All over!

Post by mummblesmum »

Thank goodness that's over! My DD sat today. Another couple of weeks wondering if it was good enough now......proud of her regardless :)
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I've heard that the writing piece flummoxed everyone... did anybody's dc have this experience?
mummblesmum

Post by mummblesmum »

medwaymum wrote:I've heard that the writing piece flummoxed everyone... did anybody's dc have this experience?
Yup my DD was unsure what they wanted.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Hi mummbles! I haven't got a child doing it this year but my best friend's dd did it. I was very surprised both with the title and the type of writing? I suppose thats why they change it a lot, to stop the 'tutoring' for literacy?
Frustratedmum

Post by Frustratedmum »

Thank goodness it's all over for another year!!
I completely agree, DD came out saying "Mum, why didn't you give me this type of writing?" I just laughed and said because I didn't think of it :lol:
Although from what she tells me she coped with it quite well so there's a glimmer of hope, who knows!!
The very best of luck to all DC's awaiting results!!
LtBrick

Post by LtBrick »

DD said the English was ok, and from what she said I think she answered it ok, but found the maths hard, and vr easy. What that means, only time will tell.
mummblesmum

Post by mummblesmum »

LtBrick wrote:DD said the English was ok, and from what she said I think she answered it ok, but found the maths hard, and vr easy. What that means, only time will tell.
Sounds similar to what DD said. I think English ok. She said maths hard and didn't finish it all. Verbal she found easy also. Only time will tell :)
Allbutdone

Post by Allbutdone »

Such a relief to have it over and done with. DD found english ok, found the maths very difficult (harder than any of the maths papers we had looked at before and that includes the GLpack2) but said the verbal reasoning was much easier than practice papers. She came out quite happy, which was the main thing, fingers crossed now!
singhfamily29

Post by singhfamily29 »

Daughter and friends found english ok and feels followed format well, VR easy but maths very hard and nothing like anything we had practised :( !!! Lots of estimating questions . harder tyhan GL pack 2. Good luck to all , what will be will be.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now