wilson Exam feedback

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
shahinoor

wilson Exam feedback

Post by shahinoor »

My son went to this in the morning ..so when I get home hopefully get some feedback...interested in everyone else in the mean time
loopylou

Re: wilson Exam feedback

Post by loopylou »

I don't think we are allowed to discuss anything about the test in detail yet.
Any children who were ill today may be taking the same test at some point in the coming days / weeks.

I did think the organisation was fantastic though. The school had planned everything really well with signs and directions and maps to help things go smoothly. The cadets on duty were very good at shepherding everyone to where they were supposed to be and the collection points worked very well at the end. Like the Wallington test, it was very very busy but with only the English and the Maths papers to sit, the whole thing was over and done with pretty quickly.

I would say to anyone going later today though to be careful where you park. We noticed “camera cars” out in force presumably recording those waiting on double yellows or parking where they shouldn’t. Also allow lots of time – the roads were jammed this morning (but then rush hour may have exasperated this) and we saw quite a lot of boys sprinting along the road with only minutes to spare which is horribly stressful.
jjmumoftwo

Post by jjmumoftwo »

My son did the test this morning, I have to say the organisation was brilliant and definitely helped ease any stress. Wallington Boys should take note!

He felt he did OK, he knows he got one wrong in the maths certainly, but finished the paper. He felt fairly confident in the comprehension and the writing task he felt went well and some of his description/vocab used sounded fairly impressive. (just hope the spelling was good, which is his weakness). He didn't quite finish the writing task and just wanted to put one last line which would have been quite good by the sounds of it, but ran out of time.

Hope I havent included any information which gives anything away to those who havent taken it yet.
shahinoor

Post by shahinoor »

My son said maths was ok..but missed a couple of questions in one of the questions..as he didn't understand what was required.
English was worring me he found hard missed the firsthe
Two questions and did the rest. But because he found it hard
Also he could only manage to write 3/ 4 page for the story
As he ran out of time....not good
vasu

Post by vasu »

DS was in high spirits as he finished everything in time but suddenly realised he did a minor mistake of multiplication with one problem. Then it was gloomsville for the 1:30mins journey home. :roll: He was so confiendent that he got everything right now he is worried about silly mistakes. I told him to not beat himself about it. Hopefully his spirits improve cause we have 3 more tests to go that too of super-super selectives :shock:
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
aaman1

Post by aaman1 »

Hi Vasu

Could you tell me what other 3 tests you have

Cheers
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now