11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
shital

11+

Post by shital »

Hi every one my son in year 5 now, we do bond book (10-11) every day, take turn and do all the subject in a week. We also do the 10 minutes test as well. when i read the form comments i think parents do a lot with the kids. Now i dont know am i in the right trak or i need to use more book or resourcese??? He does reading 15 minutes everyday. Hope you all can give me some advice. He is the first one in my family so i dont want go wrong in any ways. Please help me hear????
reeyah

Re: 11+

Post by reeyah »

shital wrote:Hi every one my son in year 5 now, we do bond book (10-11) every day, take turn and do all the subject in a week. We also do the 10 minutes test as well. when i read the form comments i think parents do a lot with the kids. Now i dont know am i in the right trak or i need to use more book or resourcese??? He does reading 15 minutes everyday. Hope you all can give me some advice. He is the first one in my family so i dont want go wrong in any ways. Please help me hear????

With all due respect, u don't think that's enough work?? Poor child!!
shital

Post by shital »

Hi reehey, i think people do lots of different book. I m only doing bond its make me a bit worried. I got some other book which i find really not useful at all Thas way i thout i might do a little bit work from different books. If anyone know the different good book than plz let m know. Thanks
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

search through the forum ( using search facility) and look at the rest of the site. There are lots of recommendations
for books and resources.
DIY mum has been very helpful and has suggested this link

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 11&t=22029" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

shital wrote:Hi reehey, i think people do lots of different book. I m only doing bond its make me a bit worried. I got some other book which i find really not useful at all Thas way i thout i might do a little bit work from different books. If anyone know the different good book than plz let m know. Thanks

Hi shital :-).

Try First Aid in English to brush up on his vocab, synonyms etc. U seem to be doing a lot for a yr 5 child. By what u say, he seems very bright. U are probably worrying unnecessarily..Not sure what else to try at that age.
shital

Post by shital »

Reeyah, thanks for that.
well if some one help me hear. I know i still got a year left but if some one can tell me plz that how can i work with my son last six months? Shall we do the past papers, and correction etc. If i know now than i will be organise for him. I know sound a bit silly but nice to know with other experience parents.
matreshka

Post by matreshka »

With all due respect, u don't think that's enough work?? Poor child!!!
To Reeyah

In my idea the parent of that child on the right trak. I understand that children should have a childhood but i think Y5 is appropriate time to explain to a child that if you want succed in life you have to work hard.
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

matreshka wrote:With all due respect, u don't think that's enough work?? Poor child!!!
To Reeyah

In my idea the parent of that child on the right trak. I understand that children should have a childhood but i think Y5 is appropriate time to explain to a child that if you want succed in life you have to work hard.

I think naturally bright children with a little tuition and practice should get into Grammar. I feel this intense training culture to get into a Grammar school has gone too far.
no_ball

Post by no_ball »

one would like to think that CEM exams take this heavily tutoring ethos into account!
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Having had two sons go through the 11+ process I know how difficult it is to decide how much preparation work they should be doing. It is a bit of dilemma. You don't want to put them under too much pressure, but on the other hand you don't want to look back and regret not having done enough. Trust your instincts, if you think your child is being overloaded ease up a bit. One of my friend's children actually enjoyed doing the work and would ask for a practice paper at the weekend. :shock: Good luck.
Last edited by Fran17 on Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now