11+ exam dates for October 2007

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Chris101

11+ exam dates for October 2007

Post by Chris101 »

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I couldn't see it here, so contacted the Admission's Team who tell me that:

"The 11+ dates for children in Buckinghamshire schools and Buckinghamshire partner schools are: Thursday 4 October and Wednesday 10 October 2007."

I thought this might be useful!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Chris101

I think the dates may have only just been published, so well done on finding them. I am sure people will be glad to know of them in advance. Well, maybe! :lol:

Sally-Anne
Chris101

Post by Chris101 »

Yes - hence my use of the word "useful"!!!!

in maidenhead

Post by Guest »

what about maidenhead area? do you thik dates would be same for kids who are taking 11+ i maidenhead's primary schools?.thanks
hugh

Post by hugh »

If Maidenhead is in Berks, as I think it is, the dates of tests in Bucks are irrelevant.

However, if the Berks primary school is an official "partner" school of Bucks (a few Herts schools are) it MAY have tests on a date set centrally by Bucks, but even then it won't necessarily be the same day as for the Bucks primaries themselves.

So, find out from your primary of from Bucks CC if it is a partner school, in which case Bucks should be able to tell you the likely dates. If not, talk to the primary: it may even be that the school won't host the tests and your child would then go for central testing (Aylesbury, I think),
hugh

Post by hugh »

PS If central testsing, Bucks specifies the dates. If the primary is not a partner school but is prepared to host/invigilate the tests, they can choose which days to hold them: any time within a period of 2 or 3 weeks.

Post by Guest »

yeap my son's primary is in maidenhead, berks. i know they hold these 11+ tests in their own school for their own school children. if dates for bucks are 4 & 10 of october does it mean that in my son's primary it should be on/after 18th of october or it can be earlier than this? well it
creates lot of confusion so i think its better to have same dates everywhere. in our case i think last minute preprations are going to be vital. unfortunately we won't be able to get dates for our school's test, well in advance,i think. anyways lets hope for the best for every child. thanks.

hugh wrote:PS If central testsing, Bucks specifies the dates. If the primary is not a partner school but is prepared to host/invigilate the tests, they can choose which days to hold them: any time within a period of 2 or 3 weeks.
Chris101

Post by Chris101 »

I just wrote to the Bucks Admissions Team and asked for the dates and they emailed me back a couple of days later. Perhaps that would be the best way to remove the confusion re: out of County schools etc. - Why not contact the County where the grammar is that you wish your child to attend and ask them directly?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now