So how many children sat the test this year?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

starmum2000

So how many children sat the test this year?

Post by starmum2000 »

In 2009, according to a previous poster 4690 pupils took the Bexley test, and in 2010 it was 4768, I wonder how many more took it this year?
The birthrate for 2000/2001 did dip somewhat I think, whether that will make difference, or if with even more financial pressure more parents who would have gone private are hoping for a grammar school instead.
Out os pure 'nosyness', I wonder if we can find out?
Starmum x
Muggle

Re: So how many children sat the test this year?

Post by Muggle »

Yes, it would be interesting to find out.

The school I work at, which is just over the border from Bexley, has talked about aggressively marketing and courting the new intake for Sept 2012, as the population of children of that age group is much smaller than in previous years, so schools will be "fighting" for the new pupils!

I wonder if it's the same in Bexley and how that would affect the Selection Test results?
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Muggle wrote:The school I work at, which is just over the border from Bexley, has talked about aggressively marketing and courting the new intake for Sept 2012
Wow! What about Sept 2013 (which DS is working towards), Muggle? I think 2001/02 may also have been a low birthrate year, but that is mainly from schoolgate gossip so could very well be wrong.

The other thing to bear in mind is people moving into the area. We are in Bromley and my youngest DD had just started in Reception. Our primary school have had to take another Reception class this year and next year, at the request of Bromley Council. Another local primary has had to do the same. I assume it is not just families with reception aged children moving into the area..........
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

[Wow! What about Sept 2013 (which DS is working towards), Muggle? I think 2001/02 may also have been a low birthrate year, but that is mainly from schoolgate gossip so could very well be wrong.[/quote]

At work they are worried about low pupil numbers (children entering secondary school) for the next 2 - 3 years. Although I must stress that this is not nationwide, it is just in the local borough, and is based on birth rate and families moving out of the area. But at the same time, as you mention, primary schools are struggling to cope with the increase in numbers and new classes are opening to fulfill the demand, so it seems to be a short-term blip!
outofboroughmum

Post by outofboroughmum »

Now that you mentioned it Muggle, my DC's class had never been full and there are twice the number of boys compared to girls as well :roll: . I wonder what implications this will have for the pass mark and intake numbers but I guess we have to wait and see :|
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now