Homework deadlines - CRGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Moonlight

Homework deadlines - CRGS

Post by Moonlight »

I read on a previous topic that CRGS are not supposed to hand out homework and expect it to be handed in for the following day. My son is in Year 8 and, this week, has had one evening in which to complete a piece of homework for the teacher to look at the following day. I think crgsmum said that the School Council had been successful in changing homework deadlines. Any further information on this would be appreciated.
Minesatea

Re: Homework deadlines - CRGS

Post by Minesatea »

I have asked my DS but he knows nothing about it.

We had problems with one teacher regularly setting essays for the next day when he was in year 7 (happened to be choir night as well!) but this hasn't been a problem since so I don't know if things have officially changed or if it was just that teacher. Sorry I can't be of more help.
dutchy005

Re: Homework deadlines - CRGS

Post by dutchy005 »

My son believes the school council agreed that homework shouldn't be set and then have to be handed in for following day but he thinks that small pieces still can be. It does still happen but is rare and if we have had a significant problem with it being done I have written a note in his planner explaining why and there has never been an issue for him.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now