Parking near St Olaves

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vasu

Parking near St Olaves

Post by vasu »

Where can we park near St Olaves? Open day tomorrow. Off to sleep for an early start.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
bondgirl

Re: Parking near St Olaves

Post by bondgirl »

We were there this morning vasu. What did you think?
vasu

Post by vasu »

So much chaos and that is the only negative to say about the school. I LOVED IT! Love the speech, loved the boys who spoke. Not as strict as some top grammars. We have seen lots of schools but this was the cherry. And the special mention to the choir boys. Beautiful.
layla22

Post by layla22 »

We were there for 4 hours ! My daughter did not want to leave- she is going to apply for the 6th form, so she had her million and one questions to ask.
I was really impressed by the teachers. they seemed very caring. The bulidings are also very modern. The headmaster's speach was very to the point. Quite surpirised that he came out and said that if your child is not on the "top table" at primary, don't consider St Olave's.I know that is the case, but I didn't think someone would say it. The choiristers were a delight to listen to.
My DS was quite taken by the sporting opportunities, cricket, hockey and chess. Hopefully the visit has given him enough inspiration for that final drive towards the St Olave's exam, after suffering from exam fatigue following the Bexley and Kent tests !
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

We liked it too. Agree re the Head's speech, the boys' speeches and the choristers. We were left to wander with a map which I don't think is ideal but we did talk to lots of pupils and teachers. Fantastic school reflected in their results. Just got to get in now!! :lol:
layla22

Post by layla22 »

This might be useful bit of info. I did ask one of the teachers if after allocation of the 112 places if there was any movement on the waiting list last year. She said it did go down to 118th, so the vast maj. of those who apply, REALLY want St Olave's. Which is all very daunting and scary !!
vasu

Post by vasu »

Very important info Layla.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now