What is the format of the 11+ test in the Slough Consortium?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
SingleDad

What is the format of the 11+ test in the Slough Consortium?

Post by SingleDad »

Hi all,

My daughter will be sitting the Verbal and Non-Verbal 11+ tests for Slough Consortium on Saturday 26th November, since we are out of County.

Does anyone know the format of the tests in Slough Consortium? Is it one paper right after the other? Or is there a break inbetween? If so, how long is that break? Are these tests typically in the morning?

I understand it to be GL Papers, with 50 minutes per paper, is that correct?

Thanks,
freemum

Re: What is the format of the 11+ test in the Slough Consort

Post by freemum »

As per my knowledge slough consortium exams are VR and NVR multiple choice papers with 50 minutes duration.
The tests will be for some pupils in afternoon and for some for morning sessions and there will be a break in between two papers.
rb123

Post by rb123 »

From what I can remember, there is definately a break of between 15 - 20 minutes. NVR is split into sections and each section is individually timed. My dd complained about the timings being inaccurate last year.

Hope that helps and good luck.
Jeepers

Post by Jeepers »

Useful information, thank you! :)

Does anyone know what they do in the break, is there an opportunity for them to take a snack and a drink?
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Yes you should supply a drink and snack for the break - my DD took the test last year and they did, I think, have a short break. I am pretty sure they tell you that on the paperwork you will get.
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
The NVR paper is 20 questions in 10 mins x4, (80qs) with i believe practice qs, with each section, making total of 50 mins. This is what I have been told by my ds tutor.