Waiting for the results...............

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Alice73

Waiting for the results...............

Post by Alice73 »

Hi everybody,
The forum has gone so quiet now, quite opposite to what it was when my first two DDs took their exams some years ago. The wait seems so long and I think it is easier when we can at least talk to each other.
I keep looking at our HT whenever I greet her in the school yard to see any clues from her face (other posters mentioned that HTs should know the results by now) but to no avail. She always smiles when saying 'Good morning' so I can not even speculate about any changes.
The parents' meetings are coming up so I wonder if I can get any clues from talking to DDs teacher.
I know that they are not going to spill the beans even if they know, but will be glad to hear something that will keep me thinking. :)
Alice
starmum2000

Re: Waiting for the results...............

Post by starmum2000 »

Its agony isn't it???
I have one of those count-down timers on my desk top - right now it says 9 days 19 hours and 52 minutes to go!
The whole they know & we don't thing is weird too - tomorrow I'm going to work with DS class for the afternoon so will see his teacher, and Friday I have a small Governor Committee meeting with the Head, but I will of course be very professional & not mention it t all - gritted teeth!!
Hang on in there,
Starmum x
Alice73

Post by Alice73 »

With my first DD the wait was worse. She sat the tests in November 2007 and we got the results only in March 2008 at the se time as school allocations. We had to fill in CAF not knowing if she passed or not. She was also in the last bunch doing 4 tests in Bexley. She did not get the required score and it was heartbreaking. However we got a place in a great school and DD is very happy there, in the top set. 2 years later my second DD has passed and also doing great in a grammar.
This time around is my third DD. She is not worried much about the results as been to the open day of my first DD's school and will be happy to go there.
We have not been to any grammars open days yet so she might love one of them as well.
There is a very relaxed atmosphere in the family after the recent tests, and I am glad that it is so. It's just only me who is impatiently counting days. :)
Alice
moneypenny63

Post by moneypenny63 »

I agree with you about the agony!! I only have one DS and feel like we have been through the wringer a bit with the Bexley test. I veer from of course he has done OK to OMG what have I put him through - what if its bad news :!: I thought about a timer - but decided against it - I have decided just to think about Thursdays - and only 2 more till the results are out! I have asked a question on here that no-one has been able to answer, and wondered if I had placed it in the wrong bit. Do OOB HT's know the Bexley results - or only Bexley HT's - ie are all HT's informed of results if a child from their school sat the test regardless of what borough they are in :?: I am a bit scared of the answer - because then I too will start looking at the HT for any sign of happiness or ..... :o
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

Hi moneypenny63

Last year our Headteacher definitely got the Bexley results - we're OOC in Bromley. I don't know when he got them though. I would have thought at the same time as Bexley HTs - can't see why it would be any different.

Fingers crossed for you.
Alice73

Post by Alice73 »

We are OOB as well.
Parents meeting tomorrow, so will see if there is anything to read between the lines.
Alice
Mungo

Post by Mungo »

Well I don't know about anyone else, but I feel sick with anxiety.
Last edited by Mungo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

I had sleepless nights in the run up to the tests, and now as results day approaches my nights are becoming sleepless again!

The limbo of not being able to plan ahead is horrible. I'm finding it hard to get enthusiastic about the school open days when I don't know if the schools will be relevant or not.

Keep strong everyone and good luck!
Alice73

Post by Alice73 »

Had a meeting with class teacher and don't think he knows anything about the results. But a headteacher expressed the warmest 'good morning' greeting today, so could it mean anything? I feel so silly trying to look for signs and clues.
Alice
moneypenny63

Post by moneypenny63 »

I love this forum - I feel that I am not on my own going completely mad - because we all feel the same. The paranoia is funny really - having just read that someone done 4 practise papers a day :!: I now feel like our preparation was totally inadequate - so of course it will be bad news.....then again - he was so confident after the test it must be good news......is it a coincidence that our yr 6 are on a trip this week so that the HT doesn't have to see any of us - just in case she gives something away - because of course she knows how they have all done, and our open evening is after the results day - because the teachers obvoiusly know too :!: Roll on the 13th - good luck to all of you. :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now