Prep for Kendrick 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Reading Mum

Prep for Kendrick 2012

Post by Reading Mum »

Hi, I am new to the forum and have spent the last few days reading all the useful info on here. It has been a real eye opener.
As a Reading resident I have always airily said 'of course we'll try for Kendrick' but nearly missed the open day as it has sort of crept up on me. A chance comment from another Mum the day before saved me. DD loved the tour and now wants to go there so that's positive.
I am going down the DIY route, at least initially, and have ordered Susan D technique & practice 1-4, a couple of IPS and GL assessment ones and Bond stress free guide for parents! Will it be obvious how to make a start when these arrive? Should I start with Susan D? Everything is coming in standard format (not MC).
DD is yr5, currently at The Abbey so that is our plan B (I know we are lucky to have that option). DD is an only child and I have nothing to compare her to, plus it was 34 years ago that I passed my 11+, so I expect I will have lots of questions going forward.
Thanks in advance
stevew61

Re: Prep for Kendrick 2012

Post by stevew61 »

Hi and welcome,

We (and a few hundred others) are trying for Kendrick 2012 exam.

As a start yes use the Susan D. books 1-4 for standard format VR.

For NVR use age graded Bond books or AE NVR Books 1 and 2 that guide you through method, techniques and levels.

With over a year to go you have plenty of time for little and often practice.

The Abbey school have a good track record of getting girls into Kendrick as revealed in the recent feeder school list, can't find the exact figures at the moment.