Distance from TWGGS to get place

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

guests

Distance from TWGGS to get place

Post by guests »

Just read posting re;Maidstone and noted that a guest had said that TWGGS selected applicants from within a 2 mile radius in TWells this year. I appreciate that the catchment is tight, but would very interested to hear of anyone obtaining a place outside this approximate limit.

I may be moving to TW and would like to be in catchment for TWGGs. I know that catchment depends on nos of able girls applying for places and those closest to school getting places, but it would be a help to know of any places offered to girls outside TW if at all.

Many thanks
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

As far as I know, this year TWIGS distance cut-off was 2 miles radius(unless you were a sibling of an existing pupil living further out). Also however, this year they offered 14 "governors places" - these were offered to girls ANYWHERE OUTSIDE of the distance cut-off. The criteria for these places was getting a high combined 11+ score, ie the top 14 girls outside of 2 miles and without a sibling got a governors place. I think you needed to score 408 or more to qualify for one of these this year!
guests

Post by guests »

Thanks kenny for info. I have now heard from TWGGS that girls came from within 2.94 miles of school and governors places went to those with combined score of 408 and above. The governors places went to those within their catchment area, i.e. T Wells, Edenbridge, Tonbridge and Sevenoaks, but who were further than 2.94 miles away from school.