24 Hours!!!!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
SPUD

24 Hours!!!!

Post by SPUD »

This time tomorrow i'll be in the 'Dragon's Den'! To say I'm bricking it would be an understatement.

Sould I say this? What if they ask that? What will they ask? What should I ask?

ARRRRRRRRRRRR

:x
Sue
Northkentmum

Post by Northkentmum »

Hi SPUD

Good luck for tomorrow.
You maybe climbing the walls today trying to second guess what they will ask you or what you will ask but another way of thinking is this time tomorrow evening it will all be done and then it's out of your hands. :?
NKM
SPUD

Post by SPUD »

Very true NKM. And thanks. Its been hanging over us for so long!

I think a few glasses of red will be in order tomorrow evening!!!

Have you already had your appeal heard?
Sue
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

SPUD,

I'm official worrier for all those going to appeal - jot down the key things you want to say -
Northkentmum

Post by Northkentmum »

Hi Sue

Unlike you I took the easy option and didn't appeal ,although we thought hard about it and it filled me with dread!. We were fortunate enough to have another option which in reality was a far better choice for our daughter, she would have struggled with her maths at Grammar as failed maths part of 11+ by 9 marks although VR and NVR scores were brilliant (134 and 140 - kent scores)

I admire your perserverance in following through with this although there is often no choice. Really really good luck for tomorrow and let us know how it goes... keep focusing on that red wine at the end :lol:

Also remember Guest55 does the worrying you do the presenting!
NKM
Worried Mum

Post by Worried Mum »

Hi SPUD,

I was in your position a few days ago, it got worse when we were in the waiting room sweaty palms, dry mouth, pounding heart, but as soon as we met the panel, everything drifted away (that was down to Guest55!), they were very nice and friendly - not at all as we had imagined, they put us totally at ease and just made very sensible and straightforward comments and questions. At the end of the day, you don't know what they will ask or what they will be looking for, just take your notes with you of what you of want to say, there is an opportunity at the end of the hearing for you to say anything else.
Just be yourself and be honest. Good luck for tomorrow. And this is someone who knows how to worry - believe me!!

WM

PS And we were only in there for 10 minutes. Not sure if this is a good thing or not, but at least it's all over and we can't do any more.
SPUD

Post by SPUD »

Thanks all.

Cant help but worry, but at least its over tomorrow and whatever the outcome we have done our best - which is what I told my son when he sat the damn 11+ all those months ago!!!

I've got a bottle of Wolf Blass with my name on it !!!!

:lol:
Sue
Worried Mum

Post by Worried Mum »

Sue,

How long do you have to wait for the "verdict?"

WM
Worried Mum

Post by Worried Mum »

Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

Just let me compare this one. copy this one and take the space between the last ] and g away.

[img]http://www.letsgoretro.com/assets/winnie_large.jpg[/img ]
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now