Alti boys results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JMG

Alti boys results

Post by JMG »

Anyone know what date agsb results are out? I know the website states mid October but just wondering if anyone can narrow it down! Agsg does say on their website that results will be posted by the 15th Oct, is agsb the same?
Chorltonmum

Re: Alti boys results

Post by Chorltonmum »

Not sure but its normally the middle of the month. St Ambrose are due to be posted on Monday and this is the one that my Son really wants as his brother is there.
saleiron

Post by saleiron »

On the day of the exam we were handed an A4 sheet with information about collecting the boys after the exam. It stated on there that the results were week commencing 17th October. I did make a note but didn't keep the paper. Looks like that week could be a big week. Ideally want St Ambrose, but Ds thinks he did better in the AGSB exam, but who knows? The waiting is killing me, I just want to know one way or the other now so we can move on to focussing on what comes next. :?
JMG

Post by JMG »

Week commencing the 17th that's too long a wait :( thought they might have been out by next wkend! My ds wants sale but just want an idea of how he's done as he found agsb far easier than sale which is not filling me with confidence for a place at sale!
Elphaba

Post by Elphaba »

Last edited by Elphaba on Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chorltonmum

Post by Chorltonmum »

Its the worrying about what happens if he doesn't pass that has got me!! I literally am laying awake at night worrying that he hasn't passed. He seemed a lot happier coming out of AGSB than St Ambrose - but I kind of put that down to the fact that he only did AGSB for practice and he really wants St Ambrose. He keeps going back to the English paper at Ambrose saying the last section was really hard and he had to guess a few of them but a few of his friends never even got that far so at least mine finished the paper. Fingers crossed but I am so nervous :(
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Alty Boys usually release results 3/4 days after Alty Girls, I think because they need extra time to complete the review for those boys just failing to get a pass mark. AGGS don't do the review any more so they gain a few days.

However, in the past I can think of 3 or 4 occasions when everyone was convinced the results were coming out on a particular day and they actually came a few days earlier. Certainly when my younger daughter's results from AGGS came through I was taken totally by surprise.
saleiron

Post by saleiron »

Hello Chorltonmum, I thought the st Ambrose results were out on 17th October too. That's what our letter said. Have you heard differently? I am panicking a bit now as I won't be around next Tuesday and Wednesday - away on business and don't want to be away if news is not good. you sound to be in a similar situation to me. DS1 in Year 5 at St Ambrose, sailed through all his entrance exams and DS2 found the exams harder than AGSB and was poorly during the SGS exams and missed a lot as he was in the loo, so really feeling concerned. I am not worried about the school as we have great options if he fails ( BTH and Ashton on Mersey), it's more the impact on his confidence. Crossing everything at the moment .
Chorltonmum

Post by Chorltonmum »

I called the school on Monday and was told they were posting them on mon 10th. Same for me really I think he would be ok at BTH but am worried about his confidence if he fails. We will just have to wait and worry!!
Chorltonmum

Post by Chorltonmum »

What is the review for at Agsb and how does it work?