Test feedback

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mum23*

Test feedback

Post by mum23* »

My first feedback

First test was the harder one. Arghh DS didn't get time for last 3 qs and didn't just fill in as I had said to but hey can't be helped and just glad he has done it now.
He said there were no questions types that he had not come across before and some words we had gone through YAY!

In DS room boys went in and out to the toilet and were distracting and those who went to toilet got extra time (not too sure I am happy with this. It was not only one boy) Told my DS they wouldn't be allowed to go during test and to go before and in break.
hope all went well
Weaver

Re: Test feedback

Post by Weaver »

My DD's feedback was also that first test was harder, and had more number-type questions, and that the second was easier, with more word & vocab-based questions. This was apparently the general view. She can't remember how much time she had for each, or how many questions there were! I wondered if they'd given them the hard test first by mistake! There were no question types she wasn't familiar with, so the 21-type practicing we'd been doing hit the spot.

She reckoned the hard test was harder than the GL Assessment Test 8 (Pack 2) and that the easy test was like those in Pack 1.
Last edited by Weaver on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lassett

Post by lassett »

Feedback from my son who sat at Crypt. He thought the first one was harder too, he had 7 questions to go at the end but randomly filled them in, unusual for him because he is normally good with timing but we're happy that he filled something in. Wild guesses might make all the difference! He said there weren't enough maths questions for his liking which is a shame because he definitely does better on these. Luckily though he said there were no words that he didn't know the meaning of so hooray for that.

It's going to be a long week of waiting. Last year our eldest refused to talk about how the test had gone, only recently has he told us that he knew he'd done really badly and guessed many at the end. Our youngest is much more upbeat about it today, he's told us what he remembers and seems to think it went ok... As complete DIYers it's horrible not having them to mark ourselves, it feels so wrong not to be able to go through them!

I have control issues! :roll:

Good luck to all this week...
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Luckily the comment I removed was something that will be a pleasant surprise to late testers, but we do have a blanket rule about posting test content.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

Sally-Anne wrote:Luckily the comment I removed was something that will be a pleasant surprise to late testers, but we do have a blanket rule about posting test content.
Sorry about posting a specific point. So relieved to have ours over that I didn't think.

But do they really use exactly the same papers for the late testers?
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

glos-mum

DS did test at STR but DH picked him up and took him to lunch with 2 other boys from his school and their parents so I cannot dissect! They are going to play badminton afterwards so by the time he comes back I'm sure he will have forgotten it all which might be a good thing (but not for me !!) No tears from any of them though and all seemed happy afterwards. Will ask about the talking in the break thing though. It would be interesting if different groups had different rules because of whoever was looking after them because both my DDs who have sat 11+ were surprised about boys going in and out to the loo. DS said it was annoying because the door kept banging as they went in and out.

Time wise DS has been finishing practice tests on time or early with 11D (old Letts) done in 35 mins with 100% so I think you are right many of the DCs will have found the time tight.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now