Weeks to go!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
11pluscountdown

Weeks to go!!

Post by 11pluscountdown »

Hi there

With only a matter of weeks to go until THE big day, I thought it a good idea to start a thread for last minute issues/concerns (child and parent!!) may have.

Maybee you need to home in on something specific or can offer some great advice on technique etc......

The competition is realy hotting up now and thought we could share the rollercoaster ride together!

Large glass of veno at the ready.........

Any views posts out there?
11 Pluscountdown
SEP18

Re: Weeks to go!!

Post by SEP18 »

Just thought I would say "Hi 11pluscountdown".

I personally just cannot wait for the few weeks to pass now so that I can say goodbye to the 11+ practise papers and exercises. I am very nervous but do not show this to my DS. It's such a long wait until 1st March, just wish they could tell us sooner.

Things vary from going quite well to quite terrible depending, I think, on how DS is feeling. I mean, by this, if he is resentful that I have asked him to do some practise!!! :roll: Some days he is very enthusiastic and on others, he is not interested at all.

The end is near and I'll definitely join you with some red medicine. :D
11pluscountdown

Hi Sept 18. Good to hear from you. Thanks for getting the ballrolling!

Yes the ups and down of papers. Sometimes I think DD has a great chance passing then other times i feel very nervous about the whole situation. We shall battle on regardless and keep on this forum to remain sane!

Good luck to your son...Sounds like youve got it all under control
Glinda

Post by Glinda »

Hi!

I'm a newbie on here although I've been reading through the forum for the past year or so. I think it's a wonderful resource and has helped in many ways in the run up to the exam. It's reassuring to know that others are having a similar experience so close to d day! My ds has always been good at maths but all of a sudden seems to be going backwards at a scary rate. I just can't wait for it all to be over and I know my ds never wants to see the word 'bond' ever again!!!!
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

Hi,
Well, I have now completed the School Admissions Form, under much deliberation of what school to put down in what order! I do feel a relief that we have all finally decided. Our catchment school is really not good and do not want DS to go there. It's definitely going to be a fingers crossed job. Just need to have November out of the way, then it really is beyond anything I can do then.
anxiousanna

Post by anxiousanna »

Hello, I have only recently joined the Forum and have found it very helpful. My child has also had some lower than normal results for papers in the last few weeks - he is also starting to to question whether or not a select school is the right school for him, worried about making new friends / being accepted into a group. The 19th November can't come soon enough!
11pluscountdown

Last minute wobbles are a theme that seems to be running through the whole site!
Keep on hanging in there...leaving and making new friends is always an issue and I have a friend whos DD felt exactly the same. Now he DD is at the local grammer, made lots of new friends and still keeps in contact with her old ones! Good luck!
11 Pluscountdown
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

anxiousanna wrote:Hello, I have only recently joined the Forum and have found it very helpful. My child has also had some lower than normal results for papers in the last few weeks - he is also starting to to question whether or not a select school is the right school for him, worried about making new friends / being accepted into a group. The 19th November can't come soon enough!
I have had the same conversation with the DS regarding friends. He has just started "playing out" and is really enjoying his new freedom!! He did say to me in the car that some of the older boys referred to my eldest DS as being a "nerd" who goes to Grammar but that they have now accepted my youngest DS into the football game. This did make my youngest DS have some serious thoughts as to whether he wanted to go to Grammar or not. I do think he is having some doubts now. :(
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

I feel a bit better having just read all the above, my DD has been doing so well and we have been feeling quite confident about the forthcoming exam, until today that is when she received her results of her recent English mock exam (2010 entry) and now I feel like crying. All her other mocks were outstanding where she was getting high marks so it was a real shock getting this paper back and extremely worrying. The only thing going against her was that she was feeling a bit under the weather with a sore throat. Her maths wasnt as bad though still lower than usual. :|
Im now worried its all too much for someone so young.
sargul

Post by sargul »

My dd seems unaffected and unfazed by it although I have always told her its not the end of the world!
but me im actually having trouble sleeping especially after the fall out with her tutor :( at such a late stage!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now