Colchester County High School for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
11pluscountdown

Colchester County High School for Girls

Post by 11pluscountdown »

Hi

Can anyone who has a daughter who has passed the dreaded 11 plus please tell me what scores are needed ( I know this is a guestimate!) for each Maths English and VR ( people seem to be reluctant to share this?!) just so weve got a good idea where we should be at at this late stage!

Thanks everyone
11 Pluscountdown
mitasol

Re: Colchester County High School for Girls

Post by mitasol »

Have a look at the sticky http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 15&t=17740" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Last place offered last year was 329 which was 67%.

Sorry, I love my statistics so have some wonderful spreadsheets of previous years' scores! Very dull for most people but it really helps especially when results are unusual.. like children getting into superselectives with 26% on an English paper but then scoring extremely highly on Maths and VR. Just shows that all is not lost if one paper goes terribly.
11pluscountdown

Thanks and to you all who have replied so far.

This information certainly helps get an idea of the ball park figures that are needed.
If anyone else out there can give their scores for the 3 diciplines in % terms that would be grand.

Im sure this will help lots of people including us!

Isnt this forum is a lifeline?! Lots of people going it alone without the support of their primary school will Im sure find all the info invaluable.

Thanks again
11pluscountdown

Hi Blitz

Thanks for you post...your obviously are very well informed! Great for the rest of us just bumbling along not quite knowing if were doing the right thing!!

Interesting to read your comment about very low scores in one paper being bolstered by the other two. How low do they go?!! And what do the other two papers have to get to compensate....just interested because my dd is not so strong on the English front.

Thanks
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

I know a child who got

Eng 13/50 (26%)
Maths 35/40 (87.5%)
VR 63/80 (78.75%)

Who got a place at ColCHS. We all thought she was a dead cert for CCHS. But as well as being bright, it does depend how you cope on the day under pressure.