which countys do the 11+ vr tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

khanj010

which countys do the 11+ vr tests

Post by khanj010 »

can you please tell me which countys do the eleven plus vr test, i know bucks do it as we live here. i would like to hear there experience of there ds doing the test. Did they find it easy last week doing the 1st paper! good luck for tomorow.
hermanmunster

Re: which countys do the 11+ vr tests

Post by hermanmunster »

Think you'll find that several counties do the VR / NVR tests - however they vary in content around the country , also some did them a month ago and some have yet to do them
doodles

Post by doodles »

Kent do vr, nvr, maths and english.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

khanj010 wrote:can you please tell me which countys do the eleven plus vr test, i know bucks do it as we live here. i would like to hear there experience of there ds doing the test. Did they find it easy last week doing the 1st paper! good luck for tomorow.
The Bucks tests are commissioned especially for the county each year and are not used in other areas of the country.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

i dont mean where they are commisioned, i meant where else do children do the verbal reasonig test only ! as bucks does these. not the nvr ,maths english.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Wirral, Gloucestershire and Bucks are the only areas that test using only VR.

I don't understand why you are asking how they found the first paper last week though? Wirral don't sit their tests until December and Gloucestershire get their results this week. There is no connection between the tests in the three areas.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

well it is because i did not know that these places did the vr eleven plus tests, and also whats wrong with the question? i and many other perants would like to know how other children have done in the vr tests.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I think most parents decide to try to forget the whole thing for a while ... nothing can be done to change what has gone into the paper....

Some kids find the test easy and pass easily - others find it easy and much to their surprise have failed badly.

Some find it fantastically hard but get fab results - others find it hard and, well yes it was hard for them and they haven't done so well...

I never asked my kids about the tests - you can read far too much into what they say.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now