Results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
fbl786

Results?

Post by fbl786 »

Can somebody explain to me how results are going to be sent out and the day and time. Thank you in advance.
willow_catkin

Re: Results?

Post by willow_catkin »

Page 8 of this thread http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 4&start=70" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

link is http://www.pknsolutions.co.uk/glos11plu ... nline.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you applied on-line you will receive your results by email unless you specifically made a request direct to the school asking for a letter. Very few requests for notification by letter have been received. Please ensure that you check your junk mail and spam mail in case the settings on your email account prevent the email being sent to your inbox.

All results emails will contain a link to a letter on the school website. If the link does not work (a few parents have reported problems with their browsers) please copy the link and paste it into the address bar of your browser. These letters contain essential information that accompanies the information in the email - you do need to read these letters.

Sending of results emails will commence after midnight on Friday / Saturday night. This is a lengthy process and all emails will be sent as quickly as possible. However, due to rigorous checking of the accuracy of the content of each email some will inevitably arrive before others. No further details as to the sequence of the release of the emails will be provided. Please check your spam filters and junk email settings. If you do not receive your results by email please contact the school where your child sat the test on Monday 17th October 2011.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

this is about last years results .. not sure if anything has changed..

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 16&t=17096" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fbl786

Post by fbl786 »

Sending of results emails will commence after midnight on Friday / Saturday night.
Thanks for the quick reply however, this does not make clear if the emails will be sent on Friday night or Saturday night. I don't want to have to stay awake on Friday night if they are going to be sent on Saturday night! :)
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
rob-gloucester

Post by rob-gloucester »

I've emailed the pkn website for clarification.
Not sure if we'll get any but worth a try.

The statement suggests that the emails will be manually created and checked.
Does that mean that each school will have people beavering away through the night?

Seems unlikely to me.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
rob-gloucester

Post by rob-gloucester »

Well... I received a reply (surprised as I thought I'd hear nothing or tomorrow)
It's quite rude IMO but here it is:
To me the statement is clear.

Sending of emails will commence after midnight on Friday night. 

Had I not put / Saturday then I would have had people emailing asking does that mean emails will be sent in the early hours of Friday morning!!!!

So, just so that there is no misunderstanding no emails will be sent on Friday at all. 

Sending of emails will commence some time after 00:01 on Saturday 15th October 2011. 

What exact time? - unknown.

When will yours be sent? - unknown. 

How long will it take to send all emails? - unknown. 

We are all at the mercy of our ISPs - see today's news regarding Blackberry. 

That is why we will not be any more specific than the statement that has already been published.
I've asked if it is more accurate that emails will begin to be sent on Saturday am when staff get to the schools.

If he replies I'll let you all know.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

I would be surprized if they had people working through Friday night/Sat am. Surely everything will be in place before then and they are just set up to send just after midnight? Who knows they could all be sitting somewhere waiting for us now. :shock:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now