Do schools REALLY know your CAF order?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tracy

Do schools REALLY know your CAF order?

Post by Tracy »

Can anyone help?
I'm trying to convince a friend that only the council know a caf order. That's what it says in the book, that's what we are all led to believe.
However, how do we know it's really true?
Apparently primary school applications are known by the schools. If this is the case, what about secondary school applications?
I'd like to think that what is stated in the book is correct but how do we know?
The dilemma is that a 2nd and 3rd preference might be in jeopardy if the true positioning is known by those schools who may only offer to 1st and 2nd choice applicants.
Is there anyone who can dismiss this fear? Thanks.
Muggle

Re: Do schools REALLY know your CAF order?

Post by Muggle »

I work at an OOB school. For Yr7 admissions we don't have anything to do with the application process, it is all handled by the Council's School Admissions Team. The council provides us with a list of the children who will be offered places and gives us oversubscription statistics etc, but this is after the places have been allocated.
dani*

Post by dani* »

NO, or so I was told by the HT of BGS last year. I really liked that school and were considering it as our first choice but we have Chis and Sid on our doorstep. I was worried that if we were to put BGS first and then not get it, Chis and Sid would be aware about this. The HT of BGS assured us that Chis and Sid would not be told if they were our first preference or not.

Perhaps your friend could ask the HT of her first preference to confirm this. These open evenings are busy but if you are happy to stay until after the HT talk is it not that difficult to get to speak to him/her.

Hope this helps.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

Thanks guys.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now