Twilight zone and near misses.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tolstoy

Twilight zone and near misses.

Post by Tolstoy »

lassett wrote:
neveragain* wrote:anyone got any historical knowledge of crypt entry marks? my son, who did really badly compared to his predictions and his test results at home and his CATS, got enough to pass by 4 (aaarrrrgggghhhh) marks for Crypt? what do any of you guys think about that? He also passed for Marling but low ranking. We actually wanted Crypt anyway as his friends going there and it is very local to us x
Well done to your son for his Crypt and Marling marks. If it helps, my eldest son scored half a mark below Crypt pass mark last year and, after allocation day, was offered a place without having to go to appeal. Apparently it was the same the year before so if it's similar this year then passes by 4 should be fine. Try not to worry!
I hope you don't mind Lassette but this is the sort of information people need to be hearing now.

.....perhaps others with similar stories can post on this thread.
lassett

Re: Twilight zone and near misses.

Post by lassett »

Not at all, I hope it will be useful to some this year. I remember how awful I felt this time last year, it was not a nice feeling! Yes the months may drag but please remember that things change so much, already we have seen people taking places at one school which opens up so many other places which can't be allowed for until we have accepted our official places. I know it's hard to remember that because I had little hope that my son would get to Crypt with his score but over a month in and he's doing fantastically well and is loving every minute of it.

Best wishes to you all.
Orson

Post by Orson »

I can confirm that 106.5 was enough to gain a place at Crypt in 2009.

Orson
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

You have no idea how helpful and reassuring this is to me! Literally feels like a life saver after such a stressful night. Getting the low Tommies score was such a shock and I had no idea how it would equate to Crypt score. We preferred it anyway so all good! THANK YOU SO MUCH and I hope this helps others to feel reassured too. My DS got 110 for Crypt.
sem

Post by sem »

This has also made me feel so much better :D
We got my DS's Tommies result at about 7.30 last night and it was such a shock to see he hadn't scored enough to be considered. We all went to bed with heavy hearts thinking that was it...all over. After a very sleepless night I woke at 5am and decided to check my e-mails......so surprised to see my DS had scored 112 for Crypt and 226 for Marling.
I then wondered if it would be enough to get him a place at Crypt which was where he really wanted to go. So, thank you for this post, it has given me fresh hope for next March :D
So many kind thoughtful people on here ready to listen and help when needed. Glad to be part of it :)
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

sem wrote:This has also made me feel so much better :D
We got my DS's Tommies result at about 7.30 last night and it was such a shock to see he hadn't scored enough to be considered. We all went to bed with heavy hearts thinking that was it...all over. After a very sleepless night I woke at 5am and decided to check my e-mails......so surprised to see my DS had scored 112 for Crypt and 226 for Marling.
I then wondered if it would be enough to get him a place at Crypt which was where he really wanted to go. So, thank you for this post, it has given me fresh hope for next March :D
So many kind thoughtful people on here ready to listen and help when needed. Glad to be part of it :)
Sem, the crypt and marling scores you ds has would have got him a place at both last year.My DS will not be taking a place at crypt, so there's another one less to worry about
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Sem, maybe you and I can rest a little easier - although 110 considerably less than 112 x Thank you all for reassurance x
veebee

Post by veebee »

I have a similar situation with my DS for this year 2011/12: ranked low for Marling (250), and crypt pass 119...Have we a hope???!!!!
Naivemummy

Post by Naivemummy »

In similar vein, DS scored 216 for STRS....will that get him there??
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

veebee wrote:I have a similar situation with my DS for this year 2011/12: ranked low for Marling (250), and crypt pass 119...Have we a hope???!!!!

A Crypt score of 119 would have been enough to gain a place for the last 4 years-in fact just a pass would have been enough! I think you will be fine.... :D
If your preference is for Marling then put it first on the CAF,then if you do not gain a place your 2nd choice of Crypt will become your 1st choice.

Hope this helps,

GM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now