School transport from Erith?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ThoroughMum

School transport from Erith?

Post by ThoroughMum »

What a fantastic forum. Irrespective of results, you all deserve a serious pat on the back given the unswerving support and dedication needed to prepare our DCs for such a competitive exercise.

I shed ludicrous and uncharacteristic tears when I opened my DS's letter and read of his success . . . one portion of relief and double portions of happiness.

If anyone knows of school buses from Erith to Dartford Boys or Beths I would appreciate your input.
starmum2000

Re: School transport from Erith?

Post by starmum2000 »

There is a bus that goes from Erith in the town to Dartford grammar, I think it is the 428. Not sure about BETHS yet, whether there is one bus or you if you need to change in Bexelyheath ( :!: )
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

The 229 goes to Beths from Erith.

Not sure about buses, but only two stops on the train from Erith to Dartford. Perhaps a bus to the Broadway, and a 96 bus to Dartford, but I'm sure there's a better way.
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Thoroughmum

CONGRATULATIONS!
ThoroughMum

Post by ThoroughMum »

Starmum2000 / Muggle: thank you, extremely useful.

I guess transport provided by the school will be considerably more expensive than public transport (free!). I'm just a little concerned about my below-average height DS braving a two-bus journey 3/4 miles to GS every day, particularly as the dark evenings are around the corner.

Sorry, I'm getting soppy. Wholly, wholly unlike me. Am I the only one tearing up at their precious jewels starting out on an adventure they'll probably love to bits but an adventure which is dependent upon their growing independence?

Pathetic, I know. Ignore me. I'll pull myself together in a minute. Where's the Earl Grey?
Victoriapoggins

Post by Victoriapoggins »

If you go onto the Transport for London website, it has a useful search journey option.

You can put in your postcode & the destination postcode (the school) and it will show you what public transport links are available, including walking times between bus stops/train stations.

You can also say what time you need to arrive & it will work the journey back telling you exactly what time the connections are.

Good luck!