Stretford Grammar School visit

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
punkyfish

Stretford Grammar School visit

Post by punkyfish »

Thought this might be useful information for someone else. I just called Stretford grammar School Admissions and they are doing a short tour for parents and children on the Friday of half term, with a chance to talk to the head teacher. A helpful admissions woman said I was welcome to come along with my son providing that he has passed. I've not looked around Stretford Grammar yet and suddenly thought if he passes i may be putting down a school that i've not even looked around high up on the form!
Elphaba

Re: Stretford Grammar School visit

Post by Elphaba »

Last edited by Elphaba on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
punkyfish

Post by punkyfish »

I called ACA as you suggested Elphaba. They were very positive and are arranging a visit for me for either this Thursday or Friday this week. They said that they already have a visit organised for 7 parents this Wednesday but wanted to make sure that no group was too big, so they could give a more personal experience :D
ugsmum

Post by ugsmum »

Punkyfish

Having visited open days at Stretford this year and last year I was very impressed by the new head and the improvements in the open dya etc.

I am now struggling between Sale and Stretford in case we don't get Urmston ( out of ctachment).

Stretford was the only school last year to have to apply oversubscription crtiteria within its catchment area which reflects its growth in popularity.

Thanks for the info about the open day next week
punkyfish

Post by punkyfish »

Hi Ugsmum
Just to say that it is not an all day open day at Stertford. Its a tour (limited in not all the school will be open and not with the displays and activities normally on show on main open days). Its a chance to see the school though and to talk to the head, so well worth going to if you are undecided. You will need to call the school and ask for you and if you would like also your DC to be put on the list.

Best of luck
pug01

Post by pug01 »

Can anyone confirm start/finish times for this. Nothing on their www, phones ringing out as it's half term and Trafford know nothing about it
Grongo04

Post by Grongo04 »

The head at Stretford is the brother of the deputy of Sale.

If I had to choose from the pair, I would definitely choose Sale as I was very very impressed.
pug01

Post by pug01 »

Are you sure ?

The Stretford head Mullins, was the deputy head at Sale.
Grongo04

Post by Grongo04 »

No not sure, I had heard it from a child at Stretford Grammar.
josepea

Post by josepea »

The head at Stretford IS the same person who was deputy at Sale Grammar

Josepea :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now