well - i for one am feeling better than this time last week!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
neveragain*

well - i for one am feeling better than this time last week!

Post by neveragain* »

I can't believe it is only a week since the results and a fortnight since the exam. I feel emotionally battered and I am normally pretty resilient I think. I wonder if we are in a minority of parents who get so "het up" and involved.........
Luckily - for any of you people out there yet to take the dreaded exam......whatever the results (and my DS only just passed) I am now feeling so much better knowing that the paperwork for choices will be done this weekend and then it is totally OUT OF MY HANDS! And I know I'm not alone in that.
But the range of emotions has been huge. I'm ashamed to say I felt really disappointed in my DS results as they really didn't reflect his ability or his consistent high marks on even the horrid Walsh papers.......I wobbled about his ability until his Head Teacher had a sensible and logical talk with me about his SATS predictions and his CATS.
But how awful, that at 10, I felt he had "let himself down".
I obviously didn't say that and we had celebrated his success after the exam anyway with a fab trip out and a little gift but it was what it raised in me that upset me......fear, panic and distress. And a huge ammount of guilt for not tutoring him and for not doing enough. Even though, with serious illness in the house since June, I did all I could to keep my family running smoothly.......
Just a thought.......
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fran17

Re: well - i for one am feeling better than this time last w

Post by Fran17 »

I agree with Glos_Mum, you are being so very hard on yourself. You have obviously had a lot to cope with over the last few months. I wish you and your DS so much luck and I hope he gets a place at the school of your choice. One thing is for sure, he is a very lucky boy to have such a loving and compassionate Mum, that is more important than which school he goes to and will have a far greater impact on the man he becomes.
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Bless you x :P
Superflygirl

Post by Superflygirl »

Am sure all will work out well x
Alice in Underland

Post by Alice in Underland »

I remember feeling physically sick when my daughter just failed to pass for her first choice school....I had disturbed nights and was very stressed and then the shock and disappointment turned to anger, then I became reconciled with the "failure", then sought solutions, then resolved the whole issue .

Common emotions experienced after many types of life changing event

Thanks for sharing. You will look back on it all with cynicism and wisdom in another year !