elevenplus documentary on BBC2 last year

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
khanj010

elevenplus documentary on BBC2 last year

Post by khanj010 »

Did anyone see this last year? It was so helpfull , seeing diffrent children go through the 11+ process. I have been trying to find this on line but have no luck. This programme should be on every year as it will help us as perants and children how to deal with the stressfull time. Does anyone know where i can download this programme from? Thanks :)
Marylou

Re: elevenplus documentary on BBC2 last year

Post by Marylou »

I remember seeing that - found it a bit hard to watch in places, to be honest. It was interesting to see how other families cope with 11+/entrance exam testing in various parts of the country, but I can't understand why anyone would ever volunteer to be filmed for this kind of show.

Now the programme I would really like to see again is "May Contain Nuts", a comedy drama in which a mother sits the entrance exam in her daughter's place. I was telling my DS about it on the way to his exam this morning and he found the whole idea hilarious! :D
Marylou
Amber

Post by Amber »

Marylou wrote:I remember seeing that - found it a bit hard to watch in places, to be honest. It was interesting to see how other families cope with 11+/entrance exam testing in various parts of the country, but I can't understand why anyone would ever volunteer to be filmed for this kind of show.

Now the programme I would really like to see again is "May Contain Nuts", a comedy drama in which a mother sits the entrance exam in her daughter's place. I was telling my DS about it on the way to his exam this morning and he found the whole idea hilarious! :D
As I am sure you know, that is based on a book by John O'Farrell - which is really funny too. I loved the scene where the toddlers have a race and the Mums end up kind of dragging them to the end by the scruffs of their necks so that they can get the winner's stickers. The funniest thing is that it is all so true!

Try contacting the BBC re the programme - it might be being re-shown somewhere (though probably not on Dave).
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Amber wrote: As I am sure you know, that is based on a book by John O'Farrell - which is really funny too.
No, I didn't - but will have a look for it on our local library catalogue! :D

Khanj010 - the programme you are thinking of is called The Big School Lottery and was originally screened on BBC2: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00tqsbh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marylou
Jules7

Post by Jules7 »

Marylou wrote:

The concept of me sitting the 11+ exam for my DD made us chuckle especially as she knows perfectly well I could not get 90%+ for 80 questions in 50 mins. :lol:
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Jules7 wrote:
The concept of me sitting the 11+ exam for my DD made us chuckle especially as she knows perfectly well I could not get 90%+ for 80 questions in 50 mins. :lol:
DS and I both agreed that we would never get away with it as I'm not a boy. The age issue didn't come into it, of course! :lol:
Marylou
andyb

Post by andyb »

Marylou wrote:Now the programme I would really like to see again is "May Contain Nuts", a comedy drama in which a mother sits the entrance exam in her daughter's place. I was telling my DS about it on the way to his exam this morning and he found the whole idea hilarious! :D
I've just read the book - hilarious :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now