Can I apply to a grammar school I did not share results with

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mouse

Can I apply to a grammar school I did not share results with

Post by Mouse »

My DD sat test at SHS and I did not share her result with other schools - we live a fair distance away and SHS is our nearest all girls school. She passed but only just with a score of 218 she is ranked 258 and has resigned herself to the local comp. However her preference is for a girls school. I had not considered Ribston Hall as the journey is longer however I think that her SAS of 218 would have a greater chance of an offer from Ribston Hall. But can I put it down on the CAF as I did not opt to share results at the outset?
Tolstoy

Re: Can I apply to a grammar school I did not share results

Post by Tolstoy »

I think the answer is even if you do you will not be considered in the first round of allocations.

Your application will be treated as a late application so it is my belief that it is the second round of applications that you can be considered. Take a look at the rules for late applicants that may help.
Peanuts

Re: Can I apply to a grammar school I did not share results

Post by Peanuts »

Talk to Ribston Hall, you may have to wait until the second round. We made the same mistake last year, didn't qualify for STRS, but managed to get an offer from Crypt in second round. Finally got an even later offer from STRS when a space became available.

good luck

Peanuts