practice papers for intense ,last minute practice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tanner

practice papers for intense ,last minute practice

Post by tanner »

hi! i want to buy some more practice papers for eng,maths & vr to practise during half term.currently using bond & gl.could someone plz recommend which ones to buy( preferably from epe shop).as the test is only 4.5 weeks away,what % scores in practice papers reflect a realistic chance of gaining a place in essex gs?many thnx.
Gottal

Re: practice papers for intense ,last minute practice

Post by Gottal »

To be honest, I think it will all depend on the child's performance on the day.
moved

Post by moved »

Sent you a pm.
gaap

Post by gaap »

I have got CSSE materials and past papers of primary maths challenge . Just wondering doing these these papers at this last minute will knock the confidence of my DD. Any suggestions regarding preparation materials would be really helpful.

Thanks
gaap
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

I think the Bright Sparks papers are supposed to be good for VR.

I think you should use your CSSE papers but brief and debrief your DC carefully. The English is more difficult than anything else you will have practised with, but that's the level you'll be facing next month. Remember that many DC who got places did badly in the English paper relative to the others. If you explain the situation fully then confidence needn't be knocked and at least your DC won't be shocked during the real thing.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... ex-11-plus" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

don;t forget there is a lot more to the site than just a forum ( useful as it is!)
vasu

Post by vasu »

English is my Son's strongest subject and but he found the CSSE comprehension tough. Can anyone suggest a really challenging comprehension exercises? We have done most books and papers so a dearth of practice materials :( . My Ds is a voracious reader so he does understand the complexities of text but CSSE paper has stumped him. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
moved

Post by moved »

There is still a month to go so I wouldn't consider this too late for doing the CSSE papers. Bond 6th papers are challenging as they are aimed at older children. I have used these in the past. They can be found here:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/shop/s ... rch&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shailesh

Post by shailesh »

Hello All, Please kindly let me know, what is CSSE papers? are they for English? Where can I purchase them?

Many Thanks in advance

Regards,

S
First-timer

Post by First-timer »

The CSSE is the Consortium of Selective Schools in Essex. They organise the exam and sell some past papers. Go to http://www.CSSE.org.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and you will be able to order papers from them.

Good luck!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now