Clothes for tall pre-teen boys ?

General forum for Secondary Education

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Alice in Underland

Clothes for tall pre-teen boys ?

Post by Alice in Underland »

I have a very tall and big boned eleven year old son. He seems to have grown out of most childrens sizes and quality brands of clothes but he's not big enough round the waist to wear small mens clothes.

Any suggestions for high street or on line companies whose clothes might fit ? I don't want cheap and trashy or designer labels but I seem to have exhausted M&S, BHS and Debenhams. Was a great fan of Lands End kids too but he has grown out of these.
I am looking for jeans, cords and canvas/khaki trousers.
Glad he wear school uniform 5 days of the week anyway !
Sally-Anne

Re: Clothes for tall pre-teen boys ?

Post by Sally-Anne »

I found La Redoute very good at his "in between" age. There are quasi-designer labels on some of the stuff, but the quality is fairly decent, they have a big range and the prices can be very good indeed. Their size guides were always very accurate as well, at least for my equally awkwardly shaped son!
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

Boden have a teenage range Johnnie B that should fit the bill. They can be spendy, but they are very good quality and if you can catch a sale or find an online discount (if you subscribe to the website then they'll email you deals) you can pick up some relative bargains.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I also meant to mention that for tops, not trousers, TopMan XXS sizes came in handy at around that age. You have to get in right at the start of the season though because XXS sizes sell out very quickly indeed.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Zara Youth - I think that's what it's called. DS will graduate to that once he's outgrown the 13-14 range.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I 'm having the same troubles ith my son and just purchased my ds his first pair of men's trousers, size s, fom Madhouse. He tried on several pairs before finding one that fit's ( the more expensive pair).

I shall out Zara youth this week.
asdguest

Post by asdguest »

My son has 27waist and 32/34 leg and generally find something to fit at topman or riverisland - m & s do some 28 inch waist online but not instore.

Generally find belts a good investment!
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Can't find Zara Youth online. They definitely have a youth section in the menswear dept.
2childmum

Post by 2childmum »

I know you said you didn't want cheap but the only place we manage to get stuff for DS is Primark - they do 28" waist and long length, and they seem to be a bit smaller than other places (probably due to being cheap) so don't swamp him around the waist too much. Also I am happy to buy cheap at the moment because as he is growing so fast I need to keep buying him new stuff and money doesn't grow on trees. He accepts that he can have more decent stuff when he has stopped growing and will get a bit more wear out of it.
Ally

Post by Ally »

Has anyone got any idea's for tall small boned boys. My 12yr is already 5ft 5inch and growing by the second. He has just got a such tiny waist approx 22in ( Age 8 ) but needs a leg length of approx 30in ( Age 14). We're at the stage that adjustable waist are no good as you can't adjust them enough. This year loads of the M&S range has elasticated waist, but designed for a much larger child. Also no one make adjustable waist for Age14+.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now