Daughter getting stuck on the Non-Verbal Reasoning questions

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
geek84

Daughter getting stuck on the Non-Verbal Reasoning questions

Post by geek84 »

Hi folks

I am trying to get my daughter in the Wolverhampton Girls High School next year - she is in year 6 at the moment.

I have bought the GL assessment packs (as recommended by the school) and on her 1st attempt on the paper, she got more questions wrong than right!! To make things worse, I don't know how to arrive at the answers myself, although I do have the answer paper!

All this has made me a bit depressed - my daughter getting more than half the questions wrong & my inability to show her how to work out the correct answers.

Do you think I should give up on the idea of trying to get her a place at the Girls High or should I buy other study material to help her with the non verbal reasoning questions? Most importantly, is it too late for her to try and improve her non verbal reasoning - the entrance exam is next month.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Alex

Re: Daughter getting stuck on the Non-Verbal Reasoning quest

Post by Alex »

Don't give up! What you need is a "How to" book. Bond do a very basic guide on "How to do 11+ Non Verbal Reasoning" and GL Assessment have one too. The AE Tuition workbooks are also good for building up from simple to more complex exercises. You don't have a great deal of time but may find that things "click" quite quickly once you know how to go about tackling the questions.

Good Luck!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now