Good luck!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
xumanah

Good luck!!

Post by xumanah »

Good luck to every child taking their tests over the next few weeks.
Hopefully all your hard work will be rewarded and your dreams will come true!!
um

Re: Good luck!!

Post by um »

Thank you for your kind thoughts :D

36 hours to go!
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

special meal tomorrow night?
poppit

Post by poppit »

Thank you xumanah, what a kind thought. Do you have a DC taking part?

Um I don't know why but 36 hours seems closer than the day after tomorrow!

My son has come home from school looking pale saying that he has felt sick on and off throughout today. :( Hopefully he will bounce back to health tomorrow. I don't know how much is a bug and how much nerves. I have left it to him to decide if he wants to go to school tomorrow even if it is just for part of the day. I hope he is OK for Saturday.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

Good luck for tomorrow everyone.
xumanah

Post by xumanah »

poppit wrote:Thank you xumanah, what a kind thought. Do you have a DC taking part?

Um I don't know why but 36 hours seems closer than the day after tomorrow!

My son has come home from school looking pale saying that he has felt sick on and off throughout today. :( Hopefully he will bounce back to health tomorrow. I don't know how much is a bug and how much nerves. I have left it to him to decide if he wants to go to school tomorrow even if it is just for part of the day. I hope he is OK for Saturday.
Not this time but I did last year. My DS1 went for the tests and lucky enough to gain a place.
My DS1 wasn't given any private tuition so it was more of a relaxed situation for him as all he needed to do was give his best. We never put any pressure on him but I do remember talking to a few parents whilst waiting for the kids to come out after the tests and realising how stressful it was for them and what they had been putting both themselves and the kids through.
I remember a parent in particular who said that he didn't know really what he would do if he's child failed. I was astonished upon hearing this.
So my thoughts are with some of the kids where the parental pressure to pass is huge and I hope they get through it.
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

Good luck to everyone. Tomorrow at this time it will all be over. :D
um

Post by um »

My shingles are now starting up again :(

Ds2 seems relaxed enough...any ideas to help me? :roll:
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Um, I would be so happy if mine was looking relaxed: I know it might make you worry if he is in the right frame of mind to do his best but kids always work better when they are calm. Once he is in the exam with the other children I am sure the adrenaline will kick in.

There are not that many of us who have been posting regularly in these last few months and I wish all your children the best (and of course the parents :wink: ). Um, poppit, , Jane Eyre, Reeyah, anxious mother, twinsmom and KE hopeful - I pray that you all get the outcomes you hoped for. If have forgotten anyone, I am sorry but I am losing my mind a little now.
UmSusu
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

Good luck to everyone’s child! :D :D :D
um wrote:My shingles are now starting up again :(

Ds2 seems relaxed enough...any ideas to help me? :roll:
Awwww :shock: um, if somebody shouldn’t worry too much, it should be YOU! I am pretty sure you gave your DS a remarkable preparation!!! Imagine me plodding with my weak English, and being unable most of the time to explain vocabulary without checking in a dictionary (Unfortunately, we don’t always find the time to look up all the new words :cry: )!!!

Curiously, I am very excited and not depressed... as I feel this preparation made him make such progresses that he wouldn’t have done if these exams were not existing. Of course, I am worried about tomorrow, but I know I couldn’t have done more...

So smile, pray :P ... and take something natural to help you to sleep tonight. I have always at home a box of ‘Noctura’ that I bought at Boots one year ago when I was going through a difficult phase (Nelsons Noctura Homeopathic Remedy - 72 Tablets by Nelson Homeopathics)
Being homeopathic, it is based on medicinal plants.. so it is not a sleeping drug which will ‘knock’ you out (who is the doc on the forum? Hermanmuster?)... so it might not really work but it can relax you a bit...

But really, just be proud of your Ds’ effort and progress!!! :D :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now