ORDER OF EXAMS ON 19TH.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sahara

ORDER OF EXAMS ON 19TH.

Post by sahara »

Could someone confirm the order of tests on the day and at which stage the break is for?
I'am wondering if this could make a difference to my DD. The test she excels at would ideally be third for her. This is because she feels she will be fresher at the start and her weakest paper would be best to tackle first.
If after the break, the doubts about what she has done so far kick in, we feel that having her higher achieving paper last, gives her a positive last paper, as she is focused and confident and will feel that the challenge won't be too great.
Maybe this is reversed for others? Do others prefer the best paper first to instill confidence?
kaynor

Re: ORDER OF EXAMS ON 19TH.

Post by kaynor »

There will be an English test of 40 minutes, a Mathematics test of 35 minutes followed by a 20 minute break and then
a multiple choice Verbal Reasoning test lasting 50 minutes. It may also be helpful to know that the final scores for
individual papers, after mathematical standardisation, are themselves "weighted", Verbal Reasoning being worth 50%
of the total marks, English and Maths 25% each.

I would not worry about the order, depends on which paper is the most difficult on the day. Last year for an example the English Paper was tough even for DC who were strong at it. Just tell DD to keep positive and reinforce the fact that the test is measured over all 3 papers.

Good luck :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now