What do we want for Christmas!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Fran17

What do we want for Christmas!

Post by Fran17 »

I thought I might start this new thread and then leave my laptop open at the appropriate page and put it on the kitchen table. Do you think it might work? Probably not, but it's worth a try. :D

Following everyone's suggestions on the what to buy your partner/husband thread I would quite like a kindle. I had dismissed the idea before as I love books and there is something special about an actual book, the paper, the print, the binding, the cover.

I'm coming around to the idea of the convenience of a kindle, especially when we go on holiday and we take loads of books between us. So much easier to store them all on a little kindle. I also like the idea of being able to get a subscription to a newspaper and of course the wifi connection to enable you to download books wherever you may be. How clever it all sounds.
Looking for help

Re: What do we want for Christmas!

Post by Looking for help »

I have my birthday in December, so I get nothing all year, and then am inundated.
I got a lovely Pandora charm bracelet last year so could do with a few charms, but everybody says...oh no they're too expensive :o

With one coming back from Uni next year and possibly 2 going off we're going to need all the cash we can muster in 2012, so I'm not going to want anything too grand this year for either. :)
vasu

Post by vasu »

I want a PROPER Spa weekend! Oodles of chocolate body pack and hot oil head massage. No kids and certainly not thought about 11+. Not possible this Christmastime....maybe next.
My son got a Kindle for his 11th birthday and I am envious already. Would love to have 30,000 books at the click of a button. :D
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

I would be partial to a few books. :lol:
;D
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

Not to put on lots of weight!
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

pheasantchick wrote:Not to put on lots of weight!
:lol: :lol:

Me too! :D
push-pull-mum

Post by push-pull-mum »

A washing machine please.
Sadly only my children actually buy me presents at Christmas so it'll be a chocolate orange and a handmade calendar again.

Can you hear the mournful violins from here ......? Pity poor me .....
Clarabelle

Post by Clarabelle »

An Aston Martin with George Clooney at the wheel......over optimistic moi?

OK then, a new stair & landing carpet because the flipping dog has chewed the bottom 2 steps to pieces (very attractive Duck tape now holding it down) & vomited copiously on the landing overnight after her worming tablet so has a very unattractive stain. :x (glances over shoulder at said dog & gives very hard stare).
Clarabelle
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Clarabelle...I'm sending my dog to Doggy Borstal..we'll pick yours up on the way. I need a new kitchen door where he keeps trying to open it himself ( perhaps he's desperate for a wee and I'm too busy on here :oops: ) and is using the sofa as a trampoline at 3 in the morning. So, a nice new sofa too please.Oh, and cushions as he's dribbled over them too. :evil:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now