Last week before St Olave test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nicemum

Last week before St Olave test

Post by nicemum »

Any DCs sitting St Olave's test next week - last minute revision - how are you coping?
vasu

Re: Last week before St Olave test

Post by vasu »

DS is giving St Olaves this week. And how we are coping is another story altogether. He did the maths sample test yesterday and got the simplest questions wrong. I know I should not panic and in the real situation he will be a bit more careful, I hope he would! We have two more exams this week, Tiffin boys and Essex common Entrance test. The later have VR and NVR in the test. Hence we are bogged down by all 4 subjects. Can't complain cause he has been preparing for an year and a half. :? :shock: Right now I am a nervous wreck and he is just taking things lightly. :roll:
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
nicemum

Post by nicemum »

Same here gets simple questions wrong but harder questions right - to be honest, seem all too much at the moment. i have decided to take it easy 1 maths and 1 english comp/writing task a day.

Two exams to go, St Olave and Haberdashe. Now just concentrating on the St Olave - will have a few more weeks for NVR revisions and music auditions for Haber. Then its all over.

Still undecisive if DC should sit any indies - have some days yet to decide - exams in Jan.

I think its all too much for the little uns.
vasu

Post by vasu »

TBH I want my DS to give HABS but we have "mother of all" QE test right before. I think he will loose his steam by then. :(
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
layla22

Post by layla22 »

Very much the same here aswell. Easy questions making silly mistakes.Hoping on the day that he will pull himself together. Fortunately this will be our LAST test and I will then be hanging up my 11+ boots forever -phew!!
We are lucky in a sense that he has Dartford to fall back on as he gained the magic 420 and we live in one of the parishes. I'm so glad that all those years ago we chose to settle down where are now, especially after reading some of the other threads about moving house.
St Olave's is our first choice, though, and has been for many years, but as there are 903 boys sitting the test this year - up from last year's 750(approx), that coverted place is looking more elusive.
Anyway good luck to all of you and I will be thinking of you after Friday as you carry on with your quest!!

Regards Layla22
martin76

Post by martin76 »

hi layla22,

where is that info from?
layla22 wrote:as there are 903 boys sitting the test this year - up from last year's 750(approx),

thanks
svg123

Post by svg123 »

Btw, how do you know there are 903 this year?
layla22

Post by layla22 »

My info comes from a very good source who is acquainted with St O.
To back this up, by coincidence, "over 900 candidates sitting St O test this year" was quoted on LBC yesterday by a listener whose son is sitting the test.
The topic of conversation was how much parents are willing to "push" their children to achieve.

Scary :( !!
martin76

Post by martin76 »

Thanks

maybe your source could give us answer sooner then 1st of March :)
)
svg123

Post by svg123 »

Wow! Great
Just out of curiosity, are there any girls grammar school in that area too?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now