Why do people damage property belonging to others?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bromley mum

Why do people damage property belonging to others?

Post by bromley mum »

We went to our local bonfire night and very nice it was too. Imagine our horror when we came back to see that cars, including ours, had been sprayed with paint. My youngest said she can just about understand why some one would steal if they had no money to feed his family but she can't understand why anyone would do this. Well, neither can I! I am feeling very, very angry.
scarlett

Re: Why do people damage property belonging to others?

Post by scarlett »

That's horrid, poor you. It's just mindless and it's a shame these people don't consider how they would feel if it was them. What an awful way to end your night, hope the damage isn't too great.
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

So sorry to hear that bromley mum. How awful for you. These mindless idiots have a total lack of respect for people and their property.
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

I've had a rock thrown through the back of my car and this is supposed to be a "nice" area so I can really empathise. It was probablly just some bored teenagers with nothing better to do. :roll:
;D
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I think it comes down to respect. They just don't respect others' property, they think they have the right to steal/damage anything they come across. Funnily enough, these thugs don't like it when it happens to them.

It's a nasty thing to happen Bm, does your car insurance cover it?
bromley mum

Post by bromley mum »

Snowdrops wrote: does your car insurance cover it?
Insurance does, but DH managed to get it off himself, so we didn't have to go through the insurance.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

So glad of that, 'cos you'd still end up paying for it through your premiums next year.
sherry_d

Post by sherry_d »

Its shameful, once we had teenagers taking of car badges of cars in our street. I was more angry with the police for suggesting its just some normal teenage behavior.

Its horrible when people do that and think it's fun, its not.
Impossible is Nothing.
logic32

Post by logic32 »

Sorry to hear about this horrible vandalism Bromley mum. I don't understand what pleasure anyone could get out of it. I think it's so hard explaining to kids why people do this type of thing.

My daughters primary school has just had it's brand new friendship garden destroyed by idiots. It's only been finished two weeks and it looked so pretty. Most of the ornaments have been broken and plants pulled apart. Why on earth would someone do this to kids ? You've made a bunch of 5-11 year olds cry - Well done you !

I was a little wild in my youth, and had some 'interesting' friends, but still would never have dreamed of damaging anyone's property. I think todays youth take things to whole new level. I agree about the lack of respect but I also think the lack of consequences play a part. Lets be honest even if they are caught, not a lot happens to them.

Oh when did I turn into my mother...

Really glad you managed to remove the paint.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now