KE Consortium Exam Content - Nov 2011

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KenR

KE Consortium Exam Content - Nov 2011

Post by KenR »

I know that many parents will be keen exchange their thoughts and view after the exam next Saturday 12th Nov but please be careful not to disclose any specific content details in postings, or even question types, that could be advantageous to those sitting the reserve exam in a few weeks time. The paper will be exactly the same.

It's sad but many parents do deliberately ensure that their child is ill for the 1st exam in order to gain what they hope will be an advantage.

As moderators in EPE we are also keen to get details of the content while it is fresh in your child's mind, so if you want to help future years candidates then drop me a PM and I will consolidate all of the material and update the sticky at the appropruiate time. You can rest assured that my 2 have long since passed 11+ exam age! so I have no personal conflict of interest.

Best of luck for the exam
Turtlegirl

Re: KE Consortium Exam Content - Nov 2011

Post by Turtlegirl »

I'd like to apologise in advance for having no info to share. My lovely girl has a shocking short term memory due to her dyslexic tendencies so if she remembers a single thing from the exam I'll be flabbergasted. Hope it all goes well for everyone.
rits

Post by rits »

Hi

My son has just sat his 11+ exam at KE Aston. What has concerned me is the number of children who didn't look 10-11 and there were no checks at all to verify they were the correct candidates. It would have been very easy for anyone to sit that exam who may have been older.

Is Birmingham LEA aware of what potentially is happening?
um

Post by um »

lol - that comment reminded me of when I went to KECHB for an evening production.
My ds1, who is actually slightly taller than average for his age, looked like a midget when stood on the stage with his peers. They were quite a few who were taller than me at age 11!
I worried after that...maybe I'd not been feeding him properly :lol:

As for the possibility of older children sitting exams in lieu of younger children, I know we were asked to provide a photograph and assumed that this would be used to check.

Warks actually required the photograph to be signed by the Head teacher of their Primary School, and at the exam, the children's photograph was on the front of their pack laid out on the tables as they arrived.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

At our children's primary there were quite a few Y6s who were taller than me and I'm not THAT short!

It makes me wonder what it's like in those schools that still insist on the class standing when the teacher enters the room. In my day that was an act of respect, I'm sure it must now look quite intimidating :lol: !

Mike
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

My DC is dwarfed by several tree like beings in his class.

Lol
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

It is impossible to trick the system in my opinion; on the first day of school the office must check student against the photo supplied at application stage. Feed your child more!
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

I am sure that there must have been some check at some point but DS is adamant that apart from checking the letter to see what room they had been allocated and then the invigilator calling out his name once in the classroom, he says nobody checked their photos or even had them.......... which has made me wonder if I can revive my youthful looks a little and pass myself off as a boy so that I can sit DS2's exam next year :D - maybe my short stature will finally come into use!

I am sure they checked quite discreetly without it feeling like an identity parade for the children. Unfortunately, DS is just not a reliable source of information :roll:
UmSusu
poiuyt

Post by poiuyt »

With such fierce competition, I am sure they are one step ahead, just like MFI, surveillance can be discreet And non intrusive
reeyah

Post by reeyah »

Loll! My sister contemplated tying two pig tails and sitting the exam for her daughter ;-). Maybe she would have got away with it!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now