St John's School Enfield

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sonathe

St John's School Enfield

Post by sonathe »

My son is applying to St. John's this year. I wanted to know if anyone has any idea of the type of Maths & English question they get? Are they more like the Latymer type or problem solving type?

Thanks
SamB

Re: St John's School Enfield

Post by SamB »

Hi

Try posting this on the Hertfordshire 11+ regions board

Sam
copella

Post by copella »

Hi I am not sure what the exam papers are like, but people I know whose children take the exams say they are much easier than Latymer, QE etc and the interview is also fine. The children prepared themselves for the 11+ exams they were already taking. I wish your child good luck.
sonathe

Post by sonathe »

Thank You everyone for your help - my son has been invited back for the interview
londonmum35

Post by londonmum35 »

sonathe can you give us an idea of what the exams were like? I would like my son to sit for this school next year, so it would be really helpful. Also I hear some mixed comments about the school - what are your thoughts on it so far? Thanks!
sonathe

Post by sonathe »

they had VR paper 40 mins for 100 questions. They send a sample paper when you apply & the pass mark is 60%.
Maths & English was for 40 mins each.

My son found the VR quite easy and managed to finish it in 30 mins. Math was also easy for him. For English they were given a list of topics & had to write a story on one of them.

I can't compare to other schools as he has not done any others yet but he had practiced DAO papers & said they were easier than those. If you do the usual prep work then you don't need to worry as the exams are easier than DAO, Latymer, etc.

We're out of the DAO catchment & Latymer is on the 28th.