2010 English papers, changed format?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sahara

2010 English papers, changed format?

Post by sahara »

Are the english papers in a very different format from 2010 onwards?
yoyo123

Re: 2010 English papers, changed format?

Post by yoyo123 »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 15&t=22792" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this was discussed (briefly) here..seems no one is sure yet?
moved

Post by moved »

Set by a different CSSE school each year. We wait with baited breath. Either way, prepare your child with English grammar and synonyms; that way you're covered.
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

Hopefully it will be the old style English paper, my DD sat the 2011 paper at the weekend and didnt do to well in it, luckily other two papers were ok.

Im starting to get that stomach churning feeling now and an overwelming feeling of dread. My DD however is so relaxed, strange.
sahara

Post by sahara »

I have CSSE 07/08/09 past papers and new papers from Visuteach website.
Have I covered enough or should I have been looking elsewhere?
Glinda

Post by Glinda »

NOTLEY PARENTS wrote:Hopefully it will be the old style English paper, my DD sat the 2011 paper at the weekend and didnt do to well in it, luckily other two papers were ok.

Im starting to get that stomach churning feeling now and an overwelming feeling of dread. My DD however is so relaxed, strange.
Don't worry about last year's paper, it was a shocker! I remember reading on here last year how tough it was. Children got into grammar schools with less than 50% on it. I thought long and hard about getting my DS to do it but decided I would in case the paper this year was equally as tough. He really panicked when he started it but I told him just to do what he could and explained how tough most children had found it. I found this to be useful in him understanding that if he found it hard others would too so it was still a level playing field so there is no need to panic. Most people I have spoken to who have given their DC's the paper as a practise say that the marks have been much lower than usual.

Hope that helps!
NOTLEY PARENTS

Post by NOTLEY PARENTS »

I have the 2011 English paper back now and its unbelievable, I havnt seen some of those words so how on earth do they expect a 10 or 11 year old to know what they mean. I have explained also to my DD that if she finds it difficult then many others will too so she is prepared.
ivory

Post by ivory »

Everyone I know who has looked at last years paper thought it was very difficult. I couldn't do it either and I still do not know how my ds managed to get more than 1/2 of the questions right.
chanceinnorfolk

Post by chanceinnorfolk »

Last years english was a shocker!! My son scored only 18 out of 50. luckily he still got CRGS.
natnats

Post by natnats »

just read last years english paper. Horrendous.
:roll: :roll:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now