A week to go .....results! OMG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hasmum

A week to go .....results! OMG

Post by hasmum »

Just can't believe the time has gone so quick, it's a week today and feeling numb/disturbed sleeping patterns etc. etc. I'm glad we get the result sooner than later, the waiting is awful.

How's everyone feeling.....excited or dreading the day?

Best of luck whatever the outcome. Roll on friday!
khanj010

Re: A week to go .....results! OMG

Post by khanj010 »

I know how you are feeling. Just a few days back we had a school party and the head got me to aside a said really good things about my ds, saying he has impressed them alot, i dont know but can this be that they know his results, or am i just reading more into it as they dont find out next week, a day before us.
Any way i and my ds are counting the days, these results can determine there future, im sure he will do well but if he dosent he worked very hard and im proud of him. good luck to all!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

The schools receive the results in the early part of next week. The embargo until the end of the school day on Friday (for state schools and partner schools only, of course) is very strict indeed and I have never heard of anyone getting an indication - even inadvertently - of their child's result before the envelopes are handed out.
Everythingcrossed

Post by Everythingcrossed »

Thinking of everyone going into this final week of waiting. At least this limbo will be over soon. Three years ago when DD1 got her results, there was absolutely no clues from teachers in those last few days; they must be very good actors! Whatever te outcome, i am sooooo proud of DD2, such a huge effort on her part. :D
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Class teachers are not generally told the results until after the end of the school day - too much room for leakage. The embargo is well-respected because everyone understands how dreadful it would be if one child received a result ahead of the deadline.

The results letters from BCC that arrive next week will usually be processed by an "inner circle" of senior or trusted staff. I have only learned recently that in some schools the Heads do the whole job personally by putting each individual letter into an envelope and keeping them and the results table under lock and key. Mercifully another highly trusted individual will have a duplicate key!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now