Which test was hardest for your children yesterday?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

three

Which test was hardest for your children yesterday?

Post by three »

Without disclosing any details about the actual tests which was the hardest test for your child?
My DD found maths hard, English average and VR easy.
madnan

Re: Which test was hardest for your children yesterday?

Post by madnan »

Ditto for my DD. Maths is her weakest subject & she was pretty anxious as she found it hard - relieved to hear many others found it the more difficult paper too - English fine except one question she didn't think she'd understood, & VR easier than she'd been practicing. Having said that, who knows?! Many factors come into play on the day & only March will tell.
seanmooney

Post by seanmooney »

My son found the Maths and English ok although some tricky questions. He found the VR most tricky and ran out of time needing to guess some of the questions. He said the VR was harder than the practice papers he's been doing- don't know if anyone else found this?
Zeezeemum

Post by Zeezeemum »

My daughter found the Maths Test very hard and couldn't answer a few questions in the English paper and ran out of time on the VR so she was quite disappointed at the end of the tests as she knew she had not done as well as she could have done.
madnan

Post by madnan »

If anybody knows what the English text was please PM me - it's driving me nuts trying to figure it out from the snippets of information my DD remembers! I'm just curious, but the curiosity may drive me mad before 30th!!
SEP18

Post by SEP18 »

madnan wrote:If anybody knows what the English text was please PM me - it's driving me nuts trying to figure it out from the snippets of information my DD remembers! I'm just curious, but the curiosity may drive me mad before 30th!!
Could you please PM me too!! My DS also didn't remember where the text came from and he is also telling me little bits about the story!

My DS said the VR was easy, the English was OK and the Maths was a little harder with a couple of tricky questions.

I guess all of our children have their strengths and weaknesses but I was a little alarmed when he said that the VR was easy. I really do not know what is better; saying it was easy or hard!!!! :lol:
Moatmum

Post by Moatmum »

My DC found the Maths hard :cry: English and VR both Ok.....left a few questions in the Maths but managed to complete the other two :D ......just the rather long waiting game now until March. I am struggling to stop thinking about it all at the moment...please someone tell me this will pass !
tanner

Post by tanner »

Sep18,i think you should not worry about your ds finding vr paper easy.my dd found vr paper quite easy too, relatively to the ones she had been practising from.english was o.k but she found maths a bit hard. but i would not dwell too much on this now as we have redbridge test in less than 4 weeks!
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

It will pass Moatmum. Christmas took our minds off it and then I wouldn't allow myself to dwell upon it until the beginning of February. Good luck to your DS. :D
three

Post by three »

Hi moatmum! All the children and the parents were talking about the 11+ this morning but the teachers reckon that by the end of the week no one will talk about it. I am sure you will put it behind you soon. It's quite normal to think about it so soon after the test. I feel the same. :lol: One parent has just told me that her DD only answered 6 questions in the Maths paper and she is a really bright girl but she kept going backwards and forwards in the test panicking about time!! :? Good luck to all your children!!