Why am I Fearing the Results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

misspiggy

Why am I Fearing the Results?

Post by misspiggy »

Hi all,

Not long to go now until we all know the outcome of all the hardwork our DC's have put in over the last few months. As much as I told my DS that I'm not too fussed about the outcome as I'm just proud that he worked hard with me. I AM fussed about the outcome. In fact, I can't think of anything else today. We worked soo hard together on this :( Of course, he has no idea what is going on in mummy's mind. He told me 2 days ago that the results are due on Friday 'oh really?, I completely forgot' was my response (as if!!!!)

I tell myself 'whatever will be will be and it will be the best outcome for my DS'. That keeps me going for a couple of hours before the next lot of thoughts.....

I guess it is because I have this niggling feeling that I approached it the wrong way and if I could go back in time, I would've done things differently (i.e got him upto speed on vocab prior to doing any practice and of course leaving it all soo late) and in a way, I'm actually expecting the results to be well below the 121.
I just want to know just so I can get on with life as it seems that I have spent the whole of today doing nothing but worry (thankfully, I had put the whole thing out of my mind as soon as the last exam finished).

Anyone else in the same boat as me? how are you keeping yoursleves sane?

Anyone know any good fortune tellers (or whatever the correct term is) who could tell me my DS's results? :)

I wish you all luck tomorrow. ...No, actually, I'll amend that to 'I wish us all luck tomorrow' :-)
Marylou

Re: Why am I Fearing the Results?

Post by Marylou »

I'm really busy with work at the moment so am able to forget about it for hours at a time...then I go to make a cup of tea and it all comes crashing back! :?

We had a bit of good news yesterday - DD1 who is on an enforced gap year got the results of a university entrance exam and did really well, then got invited to an interview somewhere else...so on the basis that good (and bad) luck tends to come in threes...of course, tomorrow could also be the start of a run of bad luck... :|

We are OOC, so pity our poor postie. Not sure how I'm going to open that envelope - haven't felt this nervous about a letter since DD2's appeal several years ago!

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow, and good luck to everyone waiting for news.
Marylou
misspiggy

Post by misspiggy »

Thanks Marylou, congratulations to you and your DD1 on the entrance exam results, thats wonderful news. I also believe luck comes in threes, so may your luck continue.

Unfortunately, I'm also at work :o but it's obviously not enough to keep my mind busy!! I can honestly say that I have NEVER been this nervous about my own exam results which is the thing that makes me feel even worse as surely this CANNOT be normal and if this is the way I am going to be with my kids, then I have a loooong road ahead as I have 2 other DC's and plenty of exams to come yet!
crunchie

Post by crunchie »

Hi Miss Piggy,

This all sounds very familiar.
I keep saying to myself what will be will be. (does not work though). :D

I feel we are in "limbo" until we know these results.

Wish BCC would send the results by e-mail in the morning rather than waiting to the end of the day. This way we could prepare ourselves better for the outcome before our DC's came home from school and it would not result in children opening the envelopes in the playground.

Good luck!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Fortunately I'm very busy with work too, but my stomach does a little flip when I think about it. This time tomorrow we will nearly know. Gulp! Mary Lou, do you get yours in the post in the morning (or when ever your postie comes)? Or will it be on Saturday (I remember something about this before)? Strange to think that OOC may know before us! I would love to know how the schools keep them busy on Friday.

Good luck everyone.
scary mum
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

scary mum wrote:do you get yours in the post in the morning (or when ever your postie comes)? Or will it be on Saturday (I remember something about this before)?
If the post is on time, tomorrow. If not, Saturday. DS thinks it's Saturday anyway. :mrgreen:
Marylou
Jules7

Post by Jules7 »

Just wanted to wish everyone all the best for tomorrow. I remember how I felt this time last year so my sympathies are with you during the long wait until the envelopes come home tomorrow.

Remember to open them at home not in front of everyone else (beleve me some do!) and have a big hug whatever happens.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Aaaaaaargh!

That's better :lol: :roll:

Night all :D
scary mum
munch

Post by munch »

I thought I was only waiting until the morning but oh no...DS announced before heading off to bed that he wanted to open the letter himself tomorrow. I nearly stopped breathing as I have to deal with the envelope starring at me all day. Then I remembered it was even worse because DS has an after-school club and won't get home til 5!
:lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Kettles are a wonderful invention. :wink:

I wish ours came in the post, we have no choice but to open ours with the DC as they come out of school clutching them. Then a dash home to open it.
scary mum