The Beaconsfield School (Upper)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
crunchie

The Beaconsfield School (Upper)

Post by crunchie »

Does any of you have experience with this school? I would be grateful for any feedback.
andyb

Re: The Beaconsfield School (Upper)

Post by andyb »

Only that DS1 played a football match there at the weekend :wink: , sorry.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Cruunchie, I have sent you a pm.
scary mum
mrsmum

Post by mrsmum »

I have a 'child' in y12 at TBS; exceeded our expectations at GCSE and now thoroughly enjoying A levels at TBS. Didn't want to move anywhere else - though is studying one of the four A level subjects at BHS.
The Beaconsfield School has been the right school without a doubt. Dare I say, it has been a good school!

It has come a long way in the time we have been there, and I believe the current Head really has his sights set on the detail.
(I also have experience of a local boy's grammar, and have as many issues with that school as I ever have with TBS. No school is going to be perfect all of the time; but for me, the best school will encourage your child to feel confident, and happy and enable them to achieve their own best and TBS works hard to try to do that).

PM me if you were trying to find out anything more specific.
crunchie

Post by crunchie »

Thanks Mrs Mum and Scary Mum. I appreciate the feedback.
bucks mum1

Post by bucks mum1 »

I have a daughter in year 7 at the Beaconsfield School. She is extremely happy there and seems to be thriving. The school makes a lot of effort to ensure the children are made to feel good about themselves again as I think some feel second best when they start there after the 11+ experience.

We were planning on sending her privately but she was adamant she didn't want to go to an all-girl private school so we relented and at the moment we think the school is right for her.

Our other child is at a Grammar School so I know both sides of the coin and no school is perfect but I think TBS is certainly doing its best for my child.
crunchie

Post by crunchie »

bucks mum1 wrote:I have a daughter in year 7 at the Beaconsfield School. She is extremely happy there and seems to be thriving. The school makes a lot of effort to ensure the children are made to feel good about themselves again as I think some feel second best when they start there after the 11+ experience.

We were planning on sending her privately but she was adamant she didn't want to go to an all-girl private school so we relented and at the moment we think the school is right for her.

Our other child is at a Grammar School so I know both sides of the coin and no school is perfect but I think TBS is certainly doing its best for my child.
Thanks bucks mum1. I have sent you a pm.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now