How was today's paper in Slough?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hasmum

How was today's paper in Slough?

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
Ds said NVR was harder than Tiffins one, but felt ok with it, but did not finish last 2 qs ran out of time :( The VR he said was ok and finished a bit early.

How did everyone do?
moon78

Re: How was today's paper in Slough?

Post by moon78 »

My DS told me NVR was hard and managed to complete within the time and VR was ok.
SingleDad

Post by SingleDad »

Hi

My daughter sat the paper in Herschel on Saturday morning. I wasn't impressed with the organisation! They quoted a finish time of 11.30am, and kept us waiting outside in the cold until 12.05 without any updates, at which point they came out and told us to wait at the rear of the building! I realise these things can run late, but an update at some point would have helped!

Anyway, rant over! My daughter found the papers surprisingly easier then she expected (note, not easy). She finished all sections in the NVR in time, and completed the VR with 10 minutes to spare and check! I must admit, I had been giving her harder papers in the last two weeks, which I think made these papers feel easier for her.

The proof will be in the pudding in 5-6 weeks!
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
Do we know the exact date other than early January for the results?
munch

Post by munch »

hasmum-we were a given a slip of paper on arrival at the school with some instructions and on the bottom of this it said results will not be given out before 6th Jan, so that must be the notification date.

DS's verdict was 'NVR not difficult, only a couple were tricky, and finished VR in around 25 minutes as it was easy'. I won't know whether this was true or not until January!
rishita

Post by rishita »

My dd sat in Langley. She felt the papers are ok and finished within the time. But i am very unhappy with the Langley school management. They are not at all properly planned, they made us wait for 1 hour in the morning cold outside the school with changing hall entry plan for every 10 minutes.
mmb

Post by mmb »

My DD sat the test in Langley and I agree with the previous comments that it was extremely chaotic. There were not enough volunteers and I was worried that my DD might be lost in the crowd. She also complained that the behaviour of the instructors leading them to the exam hall wasn’t very courteous either.
Anyway, she found both NVR and VR much easier than that of Tiffin’s. She could finish all sections of NVR well within time except for the last one (coding). VR was also OK with one or 2 tricky questions. But again, this is all very subjective and only thing we can now do is to appreciate their efforts and wait for the results.
limitededition

Post by limitededition »

Did your children think it was easier than the test papers that were available with GL assessment? I am trying to work out if mine made a real hash of it thinking it was easier than the test papers, or whether it really WAS easier than the test papers!
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi my ds said the VR was easier than GL 2 (GL 1 was much easier than GL 2) ds says the exam was harder than GL 1.

The NVR he says was same difficulty level as paper 6/7 of GL 2 NVR.

Having said all this only god knows how this exam went, will find out in January.
I was really worried about the NVR, as ds always scored better on the VR papers,
but scores on NVR were varied, also the timing of each section worried me, he missed the last 2 qs in the last section due to timing in the exam. :(
Spatel2

Post by Spatel2 »

When are the results due for those who sat the Langley Grammer 11+?

My son thinks it went ok. Wasn't too impressed with the organisation at Langley